Toyota Nation Forum banner

TRD Rear Sway Bar Settings? Gen 5.5

18971 Views 79 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  MrSo0h0o
i keep forgetting which holes on the rear sway bar are which settings :bash:. I think i'm on street setting (middle holes) and want to go back to track settings... which i believe are the closest holes to the actual bar. correct me if i'm wrong?

thanks in advance!
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
yea that right, i have mines on the track setting, i love it :) may i ask why you switch setting and how was it?
LE05 said:
i keep forgetting which holes on the rear sway bar are which settings :bash:. I think i'm on street setting (middle holes) and want to go back to track settings... which i believe are the closest holes to the actual bar. correct me if i'm wrong?

thanks in advance!
You are correct. I've alway had mine set in the middle, but I might give the "track" setting a try to see how much stiffer my ride gets. I already get over/understeer depending on on/off gas, but the stiffest is supposed to give you continuous oversteer.
I have a 2005 Camry LE , 4 cyl. Can the TRD rear sway-bar be installed on my car or is it only for Solaras? If it is applicable to my vehicle, where can I order from?
yes it can be install on your car, it work for solaras too, trdparts4u.com is the cheapest I could find, that where I got mines.
optical said:
I have a 2005 Camry LE , 4 cyl. Can the TRD rear sway-bar be installed on my car or is it only for Solaras? If it is applicable to my vehicle, where can I order from?
see sig... people just don't read the entire threads these days :disappoin you can try www.toyotapartsales.com for the sway bar.
1. good lucky on find a trd rsb now there hard to come by
2. the year that you need to find for solara is 04 and up
3. here the part# PTR02-06041-01 that what i have
that all i help you

dave
TRDGen5.5camry said:
1. good lucky on find a trd rsb now there hard to come by
2. the year that you need to find for solara is 04 and up
3. here the part# PTR02-06041-01 that what i have
that all i help you

dave
I just picked up a TRD rear sway bar. Here is the part #: PT901-48800-01. Can anyone confirm if this part number is correct? I just picked this up from toyotapartsstore.com.

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_56&products_id=4123

Thanks.
bump, also I don't plan on installing it myself. Should I be anal about it and take it to the dealer (in case I have issues) or any decent shop will probably do? I got quoted $140 at the dealer and got told by a local shop that they would probably not charge more than $53.
thapranksta said:
bump, also I don't plan on installing it myself. Should I be anal about it and take it to the dealer (in case I have issues) or any decent shop will probably do? I got quoted $140 at the dealer and got told by a local shop that they would probably not charge more than $53.
Get that quote in writing. $53 is a steal and $140 at the dealer's is a good price. At least considering prices here in SoCal it is. If done at a non-Toyota authorised shop or by yourself, your parts warranty is good for 1 year, if at a Toyota shop, up to 3 years parts warranty or or the end of warranty for your car whichever is first. Also, if you have problems and is diagnosed as a bad install by a non-Toyota shop, your warranty will not cover it.
im confused... im seeing 2 part numbers
i have a 2005 camry 4cyl
im seeing PT901-48800-01 and PTR02-06041-01 which one is the correct one to get?
thapranksta said:
I just picked up a TRD rear sway bar. Here is the part #: PT901-48800-01. Can anyone confirm if this part number is correct? I just picked this up from toyotapartsstore.com.

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_56&products_id=4123

Thanks.
^his is correct and mine is wrong sorry for the mix up. thaparnksta even gave a website wheere you can buy it too so thanks man

dave
I ordered the PTR part number this morning and now there is a different part number? I have a 2005 CAMRY LE 4-cyl. Which part is correct for my vehicle????
greylock said:
PT901-48800-01 is for the '05.
This part # is for the '05 & '06 gen 5.5 Camry's. The PTR is for up to '04.
So is it the same part, just a different part number? I have an 03 as you can tell from my sig. :confused::confused:
Different part. Suspension was redesigned for '05 models.
So are you saying that the website had the part listed wrong and I will probably have to return it since I have a 2003?
my rsb part #is TPR and it fit perfect in my 05:dunno: i think it the same which part # you pick
thapranksta said:
So are you saying that the website had the part listed wrong and I will probably have to return it since I have a 2003?
Ooops! Sorry I was thinking gen 5.5. You've got the gen 5 so the ptr # is correct.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.