Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the TRD front strut bar. And I was wondering, if it is worth getting the rear swar bar from TRD. What will this improve in the handling, are there any negatives to replacing the rear sway bar with the TRD "Sport" one?

|-Goku-|

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
I just installed the TRD front strut bar. And I was wondering, if it is worth getting the rear swar bar from TRD. What will this improve in the handling, are there any negatives to replacing the rear sway bar with the TRD "Sport" one?

|-Goku-|
It will reduce body roll, similar to the strut brace.

It will allow you to take corners a lot harder... If you combine the trinity (Strut Brace, Rear Sway & Lowering Springs) you will have an excellent handling car.
This is ideal for you guys who go to the track and do laps on the grip course. Or for anyone who is an enthusiast and likes to have a good handling car. And considering the Corolla stock has pretty bad handling, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
400 Posts
how did you even take off the nuts and bolts?! i been trying and i can't seem to twist it off... what are my options?!

·
Registered
400 Posts
on the rear sway bar that is...

·
straight cash homie
20,815 Posts
It will reduce body roll, similar to the strut brace.

It will allow you to take corners a lot harder... If you combine the trinity (Strut Brace, Rear Sway & Lowering Springs) you will have an excellent handling car.
This is ideal for you guys who go to the track and do laps on the grip course. Or for anyone who is an enthusiast and likes to have a good handling car. And considering the Corolla stock has pretty bad handling, you can't go wrong.
Excellent handling? :rolleyes: I know it will help (the rear bar more than anything), but even with all this, it may not be "excellent" but probably just better.

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Excellent handling? :rolleyes: I know it will help (the rear bar more than anything), but even with all this, it may not be "excellent" but probably just better.
LOL geez everyone is soo nit picky on here. It would be excellent compared to stock. But thanks for correcting me. I know a corolla would not be "Excellent" if you compare it to a GT3-RS or something that is the benchmark for performance handling. Let alone most other cars that have upgraded suspensions... but you get my point.

Gotta love the obvious statements though... They make me smile :headbang:

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts
So do you think the rear sway bar will help with some drifting? :lol:

·
Baskin' In The Glow
DMV (DC, MD, VA)
271 Posts
Downshift and swerve into the turn, then pull the handbrake and floor it :thumbsup:
Is that even possible with a fwd car?

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
Is that even possible with a fwd car?
Nope haha. its more like powersliding than drifting.
Sure it is. When you swerve, pull the handbrake to go into a spin, then floor it. Your wheels will spin, keeping you moving. I've never done this with the handbrake, but if you turn sharply and floor it, you'll go sideways! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts