Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently test drove a TRD sport and noticed that the ride was somewhat bumpy to the point that the steering wheel was vibrating. Is this normal? The salesperson didn't seem to know. I plan on buying one this week if possible. I just need to decide what package I want.

·
And My Dog Remington
725 Posts
On the ride quality...
I thought it rides great for a truck with sport suspension. I have a Bseries Mazda Pick-up and it rod awful compared to this truck! It hugs the road well for a pickup IMO.

I got mine on Sat(4DR 4x4 short bed). I wanted to get a color other than silver since it seems like everyone has this color... but, the silver is soo smooth! I Paid $550 under invoice. Some advise if you dont already know... goto consumerreports.org/edmunds.com and buy the pricing report. Read the "how to buy a new car" section. great info on what you "should" pay for and what "not" to pay for. I haggled and played a hard game to get this price under invoice. All you need is information... the dealer bets you dont know squat... show em you did your research and you can walk out with a great deal and a great truck. I got the sport package. Make sure you get everything you want. Review the packages and see what you want. If you have any questions feel free to ask there is tons of info on this board!

If I ever Have 13 drinks in my truck at once I think I will shoot myself! But is sure is nice that I have the option!

·
Registered
12 Posts
TacomaTeacher said:
I recently test drove a TRD sport and noticed that the ride was somewhat bumpy to the point that the steering wheel was vibrating. Is this normal? The salesperson didn't seem to know. I plan on buying one this week if possible. I just need to decide what package I want.
I am assuming you are not speaking of steering wheel shake when you are hitting bumps. The ride will be stiffer than a base model but nothing should cause the steering wheel to vibrate. Mine did at 60 mph when I first got it but balancing the tires took care of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The ride is stiff - it's a sport suspension, after all, but on average blacktop, I don't really notice it. You definitely shouldn't be feeling anything in your steering wheel. The stock Dunlop tires are pretty notorious for balance problems, so it's more likely that.

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma DC TRD
26 Posts
So, since I have a TRD Offroad which is supposed to use the same shocks as the TRD Sport would replacing the shocks with the base model version smoothen out the ride alot? Is it worth the hassle of installing the shocks? I ride mostly on the road without alot of offroad time (Its a 2005 DC Prerunner by the way). David

·
Registered
19 Posts
OMG, don't change your shocks to the base version. I have a 06 DC (w/out TRD) and it rides pretty crappy IMO. Ok on smooth surfaces but really bouncy over even the slightest uneven surfaces. I was just about to post asking how I should go about improving my ride quality and if I should consider putting in the same shocks as the TRD tacoma...LOL

·
Registered
344 Posts
My '06 4WD TRD Off-Road, Double Cab, rides very smoothly for a 4WD truck. In fact, the ride is one of the first things I noticed about the truck, and I liked it.

If you want to experience a rough ride, try a '99 TRD Tacoma 4WD Extended cab. These things were actually dangerous when you'd hit a good bump at highway speed.

I think the new ones are 100% improved.

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
On the city streets I can admit that the ride is kinda rough. A little rougher than my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

On the freeway it's a dream. Very smooth and super floaty. Kinda dangerous if you are blazin' and hit a fat dip...you might hop up and catch air.

I try and avoid sewers and potholes and shit like that in the road. The ride is only going to get worse, so why not take some measures to slow down the progress to shitty ride status.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great Price

Nicky9 said:
On the ride quality...
I thought it rides great for a truck with sport suspension. I have a Bseries Mazda Pick-up and it rod awful compared to this truck! It hugs the road well for a pickup IMO.

I got mine on Sat(4DR 4x4 short bed). I wanted to get a color other than silver since it seems like everyone has this color... but, the silver is soo smooth! I Paid $550 under invoice. Some advise if you dont already know... goto consumerreports.org/edmunds.com and buy the pricing report. Read the "how to buy a new car" section. great info on what you "should" pay for and what "not" to pay for. I haggled and played a hard game to get this price under invoice. All you need is information... the dealer bets you dont know squat... show em you did your research and you can walk out with a great deal and a great truck. I got the sport package. Make sure you get everything you want. Review the packages and see what you want. If you have any questions feel free to ask there is tons of info on this board!

If I ever Have 13 drinks in my truck at once I think I will shoot myself! But is sure is nice that I have the option!

Thanks for the tip! One dealer here near Birmingham posts the invoice price on their website. I emailed them and they gave me an inernet price of $700 below invoice. Once you add TTL it came out to $500 over invoice. Does that seem right? The tax was about $800.

·
And My Dog Remington
725 Posts
TacomaTeacher said:
Thanks for the tip! One dealer here near Birmingham posts the invoice price on their website. I emailed them and they gave me an inernet price of $700 below invoice. Once you add TTL it came out to $500 over invoice. Does that seem right? The tax was about $800.
That doesnt sound too bad. But make sure you see the numbers yourself. Make sure that they are listing tha actual invoice. But my TTL ran just under $1000.00 here in VA. But those numbers sound pretty good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chose the OffRoad

I test drove the sport and the OffRoad back to back and believe it or not I liked the OffRoad better! Mine will be here 12/22! Black Sand Pearl, DCab, OR with side airbags, DRL and towing pkg. I'll post pics once I get it! by the way I got it for $200 under invoice!

·
MMM TACO
06 Tacoma
581 Posts
the trd sport tacoma i testdrove the othernight and it rode really smooth, so im not sure why that one would be so bumpy, i also test drove a double cab f150 on the same roads and the f150 sucked.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
Nicky9 said:
On the ride quality...

ever Have 13 drinks in my truck at once I think I will shoot myself! But is sure is nice that I have the option!

Nicky9,

What was the total price on your window sticker and what was the actual selling price you paid before taxes and title? Any trade in?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.