Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go finally got them installed today. The Ride is actually very nice, and way less roll.
I like the drop i got from them. I don't like the "tucked" look so i'm pleased with the TRD's
Here are before and after pics to give you an idea on the drop. Hope you enjoy.

So on the XRS its about.
2 inch drop in the rear (TRD quoted 1.5")
1 inch drop in the front (TRD quoted 0.5")

Tail Pipe Height Before

after...

Rear Wheel Well Height Before

after...

Front Wheel Well Height Before

After...

Front License Plate Before

after

Side View Before...

After...

here are some angle shots of the front and rear gaps after the drop.
Front:

Rear:

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good, I think i might do that next. How is the ride?
The ride is surprising nice. the body roll is reduced big time, and I can't notice any extra harshness. The ride is just as smooth as stock springs. ZERO bounce. And I did get an alignment after installing springs.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Curious how it handles on any roads that have those truck "ruts". Last time I lowered with Progress springs these ruts would pull my rolla all over the place - so I went back to stock to keep it manageable.

Very interested if this works out for you so keep up in the loop!

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
78 Posts
IF the TRD mostly keep the ride near where it is before on the XRS its great I mind how this would fit on my S.

- Do you have supplier in Canada for TRD (or directly at the dealer ?)
- If you can send me what I have to expect in the price departement that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
78 Posts
Just an opinion to improve your the look of your car... You may want to change or remove your plate frame from your local dealer and put a TRD one around it...:thumbsup:

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wouldn't those measurements be a little more accurate if you had the same wheels and tires on there before and after?
Well if you want to be anal about it ya... But sorry, no one is perfect. I put my summer rims back on at the same time as I had the springs installed. I'm not going to put my summers on, measure, take them back off, and then put the springs on. That's just a waste of time. Why not get someone else to measure their XRS with stock rims and tires and then you can find out that way if you're concerned about a difference of millimeters. and they don't make a difference in ride height. The ground clearance isn't affected by a winter tire very much compared to a summer tire, which is why I also measured ground to tail pipe and ground to license plate.

Man I try to do a nice thing and let people know about the drop on an XRS from the TRD's and someone always has to be nit picky about something. Ah well it wouldn't be a forum without those people. Negative Nancy's

·
Registered
2009 Rolla xRS
129 Posts
Thanks for all the photos Sinnaever, that is some good work.
Did you install the springs yourself (was it difficult) or did you take it to a shop? If you did take it to a shop, how much did it cost you?

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the photos Sinnaever, that is some good work.
Did you install the springs yourself (was it difficult) or did you take it to a shop? If you did take it to a shop, how much did it cost you?
I took it to my cousin's shop and did it there with him. It took about 3 1/2 hrs to do (alignment included). I got a cheap rate with him since he's family and I did half the work, but the average going rate is anywhere between $50-100 per corner, depending on the shop. I can see it being hard if you're not in an auto shop with a lift. Doing it in your driveway would take more time with a pump jack & stands

But which ever brand of spring you go with, make sure you get an alignment. Some will say you don't need one, but from what I saw after we put them on, the alignment was needed.

If you want instructions, trdsparks.com has the pdf that we used for download.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Matrix
665 Posts
A very tasteful drop IMHO.

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A very tasteful drop IMHO.
Thank you, I was going for a modest drop rather than an extreme drop and the TRD's did exactly what I wanted them to do. Level out the stance of the car, and reduce the wheel gaps down to a respectable size.

Here are a few more pics from this morning after the drop.

Front Spring.

Rear Spring

and some different angle shots.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
49 Posts
looks great boss! not sure I would get the same drop since I have an S but I am def going to make this happen to my ride in the future. thanks for sharing the detailed shots!

·
Registered
400 Posts
man i love it! hmm.. i think thats my next thing to do!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts