Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 hybrid with steelies. I m about to buy the trd 19” matte wheels. Can someone point me in the right direction for matte lug nuts? Size and pitch please

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
384 Posts
Matte black lug nuts should be available for purchase from the dealer. At least, my TRD appearance package came with TRD wheels and matte black lug nuts to match.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I asked this same question recently and someone provided PT076-60200-02. This is for a set of six lugs, should be able to get them from any dealer.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,307 Posts
While I would discourage anyone from installing those TRD wheels (they are really good-looking)... just beware that swapping your 17" steel wheels with 215/55/17 tires for the 19" wheels on tires on the TRD will likely result in a noticeable reduction in MPG. The TRD takes 235/40/19 tires, which are wider and the whole package will probably add weight compared to the 17" steel wheels you have.

There isn't any published data for the Camry, but for comparison, if you opt for an Accord Hybrid with the 19" wheel and tire package instead of the 17" wheel and tire package, the official MPG rating drops from 48/48/48mpg to 44/43/43mpg (city/highway/combined).

With that said, I'd still go for it. The TRD wheels on a white Camry look pretty awesome... even if you lose 4-5mpg.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
While I would discourage anyone from installing those TRD wheels (they are really good-looking)... just beware that swapping your 17" steel wheels with 215/55/17 tires for the 19" wheels on tires on the TRD will likely result in a noticeable reduction in MPG. The TRD takes 235/40/19 tires, which are wider and the whole package will probably add weight compared to the 17" steel wheels you have.
Believe it or not, there's probably not much weight difference between the two. The TRD 19x8.5s are lighter than even the SE 18s, according to Toyota. The design also puts more of the weight towards the center of the wheel which helps with unsprung rotational mass.

I went from XSE 19s with 245/40R19 tires (slightly taller and wider than stock) to TRD 19s with 255/35R19s (wider and shorter than stock) and dropped 6.5lbs per corner.

XSE wheel+tire = 57lbs
TRD wheel+tire = 50.5lbs

You will definitely take a hit on ride quality going from 17" to 19", though.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,307 Posts
Believe it or not, there's probably not much weight difference between the two. The TRD 19x8.5s are lighter than even the SE 18s, according to Toyota. The design also puts more of the weight towards the center of the wheel which helps with unsprung rotational mass.

I went from XSE 19s with 245/40R19 tires (slightly taller and wider than stock) to TRD 19s with 255/35R19s (wider and shorter than stock) and dropped 6.5lbs per corner.

XSE wheel+tire = 57lbs
TRD wheel+tire = 50.5lbs

You will definitely take a hit on ride quality going from 17" to 19", though.
Going from one 19" wheel to another 19" wheel might not result in much weight difference, or even a 6.5lb savings with going from the XSE to the TRD wheels... but the original poster is coming from 17" steel wheels to 19" TRD wheels. Off hand I don't know how much the Camry's 17" steel wheels weight, but my guess is that it's less than the 19" TRD wheels. My guess is that Toyota likely sourced the lightest steel wheels possible for the hybrid model as a way to maximize MPG. With that said, I don't know personally how much that steel wheel actually weighs.

Again, for the sake fo comparison, going from the 17" wheel and tire package on the Accord Hybrid to the 19" wheel and tire package involves a noticeable difference in terms of mpg. Like the swap being considered by the original poster, the Accord's 19" wheel is wider and as a result, involves more rolling resistance as the car goes down the road. Combined with the potential weight gain from going from 17" to 19" wheels... it likely is going to have an impact on mpg.

I will agree with you on the ride quality difference though. The 17" wheels and tires that I use in winter ride much nicer than the 19" wheels and tires that I use on my Accord from March-November.

Word of caution to the original poster: Watch out for curbs and potholes with 19" alloys and lower profile tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the trd’s and pirelli p7 235/40r19 tires. Summer use only. Putting the steelies on end of October. Also I came from a Volvo wagon v6 that got 18mpg so anything about that is a come up lol

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Going from one 19" wheel to another 19" wheel might not result in much weight difference, or even a 6.5lb savings with going from the XSE to the TRD wheels... but the original poster is coming from 17" steel wheels to 19" TRD wheels. Off hand I don't know how much the Camry's 17" steel wheels weight, but my guess is that it's less than the 19" TRD wheels. My guess is that Toyota likely sourced the lightest steel wheels possible for the hybrid model as a way to maximize MPG. With that said, I don't know personally how much that steel wheel actually weighs.
Me neither. Just thinking that steel wheels are usually heavier than alloys, and the TRD 19s are lighter than the 18" alloys, so they could be very close in weight to the 17" steelies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts