Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boost n' Juice Maniac
2000 Camry v6 5speed
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share this stuff with you guys. I have been working on swapping a 3.3 3mz-fe v6 from a 04' sienna into my 97 Camry which had a 5sfe 4cyl engine that threw a rod. I used the 3.3 block only and the rest of the stuff is all 1mz parts. This swap could also be done in a 99-02 solara as well. I'm gonna get it started tonight so i will post a bunch more pics later.

Mods list:
1997 Camry 3mz/1mz v6 hybrid w/ v6 auto trans
Factory rebuilt bottom end with a Toga HV oil pump
ARP headstuds with MLS headgaskets
Ported 1mz heads and intake manifolds
URD crank pulley
Custom CAI with Supra MAF
Custom 3" y pipe
3" JP Performance catback exhaust
Ignition Solutions Plasma booster
Magnecore wires
-6 fuel lines, walbro 255lph fuel pump
Apexi SAFC
TRD Struts w/ Tein springs
Whiteline rear sway bar
TRD front strut tower bar
Superpro Front control arm bushings, rear trailing arm bushings, dogbone engine mount bushings
Jims torque rod
Hayden trans cooler, Perma cool oil cooler, Flexalite fuel cooler
Phantom grip LSD
Coolingmist Methanol/Water Injection kit

·
-=the wheel man=-
296 Posts
damn:eek: .....best of luck....cant wait to see the end result VIDEOS please and thank you....

·
Boost n' Juice Maniac
2000 Camry v6 5speed
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3.3 swap

Zoni whats up my man. Got the car running today. Wow its a monster with the 3.3. Feels a lot faster than my 2000 3.0 v6 5 speed did when it had just bolts ons. The only thing i dotn like abotu the 3.3 auto setup is the trans shifts mad slow i cant figure out if its slipping or what the deal is.

·
Registered
1976 Celica
4 Posts
Excellent swap project. I'm keen to do the same thing here, I have a 1997 Camry with the 5S-FE and want to swap in the entire 3M-FE 3.3L V6 from what's called a Toyota 'Kluger' over here.
Thanks for taking the time to post up photos.
I have a big question for you...
Can you please run a tape measure over your new 1MZ/3MZ motor and tell us length x width x height ?
I'm wondering how much room is left over once this engine is in...
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
^ Same as the 1MZ block as far as I know. :) So there should not be any size issues.

Oh damn, just saw this now! Can;t wait to see how it come's along Gabe. Part of your old Solara will live in my Camry. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts