Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mind over Money
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering about the tread life and durability of the Cooper Discoverer STT tires. I've searched for this information but it seems like all the previous posts were of guys that had just gotten the tires and not any info on how long they last. I understand they are mud-terrains but I still would like them to last a while.

I'm hoping to get 265/70/17's and setting them up on my stock sport rims when I get the Toytec. I think this would look sweet! Thanks for any information in advance!

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
tooblutacoma06 said:
I'm wondering about the tread life and durability of the Cooper Discoverer STT tires. I've searched for this information but it seems like all the previous posts were of guys that had just gotten the tires and not any info on how long they last. I understand they are mud-terrains but I still would like them to last a while.

I'm hoping to get 265/70/17's and setting them up on my stock sport rims when I get the Toytec. I think this would look sweet! Thanks for any information in advance!
If rotated and balanced every 5k miles they should last 50k miles or more. I have atleast 10k on mine so far and they still look new.:clap:

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
I just got off the highway with mine, and I could hear the exhaust over the tires. Granted, I do have an aftermarket exhaust and I was going 100+. They really aren't that loud. I was really surprised.

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
tooblutacoma06 said:
trdtacoma84--that sounds good to me! how loud are they on the highway? say for a 4 hour drive? would they give you a headache?

Justin-yeah it's a toss up b/t the two..i just love the look of the coopers

I went to vegas which is about a 4 hour drive and i didnt get a headache:D.

I got use to the humming. i love the humming hahah. If you dont have an exhuast it might take some time to get use to. I rode in my cousins ford-150 which has a quiter cab then our tacomas. His running with 33" BFG Mud terrains and they were pretty loud. I would have to say the coopers are a bit quiter than the BFG M/T.

Check this site out this is the site that sold me on the coopers.
http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/stt_new.htm

And i like the coopers over the BFG beacuse of this

TREAD BLOCK SIPING
Each row of the new STT's aggressive tread blocks is siped (tiny cuts in the tread blocks) to squeeze the water out from under the tyre on hard wet surfaces.:clap:

·
Mind over Money
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TrdTacoma84 said:
I went to vegas which is about a 4 hour drive and i didnt get a headache:D.

I got use to the humming. i love the humming hahah. If you dont have an exhuast it might take some time to get use to. I rode in my cousins ford-150 which has a quiter cab then our tacomas. His running with 33" BFG Mud terrains and they were pretty loud. I would have to say the coopers are a bit quiter than the BFG M/T.

Check this site out this is the site that sold me on the coopers.
http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/stt_new.htm

And i like the coopers over the BFG beacuse of this

TREAD BLOCK SIPING
Each row of the new STT's aggressive tread blocks is siped (tiny cuts in the tread blocks) to squeeze the water out from under the tyre on hard wet surfaces.:clap:
well I have a dynomax muffler and it hums a little bit. but I am like you and I dont mind a little bit of hum, I just dont want it to be obnoxious. your 265/70's fill up the wheel well pretty nicely don't they?

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
tooblutacoma06 said:
well I have a dynomax muffler and it hums a little bit. but I am like you and I dont mind a little bit of hum, I just dont want it to be obnoxious. your 265/70's fill up the wheel well pretty nicely don't they?

Yeah i saw onemnks setup his running 33's on his taco with a 3inch lift and his tires rub so much its crazy what there doing to his fender. he has the bfg M/T

Im running 265/70R17 32" i had to do some minor trimming but nothing that you can say dam you trimmed..... And it looks really good.

·
Mind over Money
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
TrdTacoma84 said:
Yeah i saw onemnks setup his running 33's on his taco with a 3inch lift and his tires rub so much its crazy what there doing to his fender. he has the bfg M/T

Im running 265/70R17 32" i had to do some minor trimming but nothing that you can say dam you trimmed..... And it looks really good.

yeah, the 265/70's are money! thanks for the help man!:thumbup: BTW, you needa update your sig description..unless you have the bfgs too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts