Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
2005 Tacoma
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The installation is postponed until tomorrow due to rain. Pix will be posted for sure.
Each side vent grille requires 2 drillings (3/8" bit). Other than that, the rest should be easy.

·
PSU TACO
05 Access Cab TACO
116 Posts
Any other reports back on this ?? Does it trash the stock grill? I mean wreck it?

Would we have enough interest to do a Group Purchace? :)

·
PSU TACO
05 Access Cab TACO
116 Posts
Bigblue said:
I'd be all for a group purchase. :thumbup:
I emailed autoanything and sport turck to see what kind of price they could give for a GP

My email! to them
Hi, I am a member of toyotanation.com and tundrasolutions.com
Can you give me a price on Trenz Billet Grill Part Number 2756-TFPP for a group purchace?
Example if we buy
1 to 5
5 to 10
10 to 15
15 to 20
How much would each be? Thanks

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Plow78 said:
I emailed autoanything and sport turck to see what kind of price they could give for a GP

My email! to them
Hi, I am a member of toyotanation.com and tundrasolutions.com
Can you give me a price on Trenz Billet Grill Part Number 2756-TFPP for a group purchace?
Example if we buy
1 to 5
5 to 10
10 to 15
15 to 20
How much would each be? Thanks
Yeah, let us know. I would be all for that. Hopefully they give us some kind of a good deal. Either way, I am getting one. I'm in no rush, so I am willing to wait to see what they say. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Tacoma
22 Posts
grille looks nice, but in the pic it shows the tacoma with a bottom bumper grille too...how would I go about ordering that part...thanks

·
Hey There...
05' Prerunner Taco
920 Posts
Revans310 which one is that from Trenz? Im lookin on the website and there are like 6 different kinds. Do the side inserts come with it? What about the bumper grill. Do we purchase it seperately? O and is that polished or satin finish. Im stupid I know but I like to ask questions. Thanks!

·
PSU TACO
05 Access Cab TACO
116 Posts
I spoke to the guys at autoanything.com about a Group Pruchace.

Regular price for the 2756-TFPP is $154.99 with free shipping

Group Buy
1-4 regular price
5-9 $139.99.
10-20 $125.00

This includes shipping but they all hav to go to one location for fre shipping.:disappoin

$154.99 is not a bad price.. It may be easier not to do the GP

·
Registered
59 Posts
OneMnk said:
Revans310 which one is that from Trenz? Im lookin on the website and there are like 6 different kinds. Do the side inserts come with it? What about the bumper grill. Do we purchase it seperately? O and is that polished or satin finish. Im stupid I know but I like to ask questions. Thanks!
It was this one Polished and it does come with the inserts but not the bumper grill.
http://www.truckshop.com/product.php?productid=20267&cat=547&page=2

·
2005 Tacoma
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I am so mad at myself!!! I attempted to install the grille last Sunday and I broke one of the mounting tabs (this is welded on the back of the grille). I contacted AutoAnything and gave me instructions on how to get an exchange with Trenz. Now, I have to wait for another 2 weeks (probably) to get my grilles.

Grille came with instructions and described that the grille may need to be bent by hand to fit flush against the stock grill. I wish they stated not to bend the mounting tabs.
:sosad:

Revans310, did you have to bend the grille? If you have any tips for installing this item properly, please post them. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Tacoma
22 Posts
i noticed the latch or lever that unlocks the hood in in the middle by the stock grille. with a billet grille how do you go about popping open the hood if the latch is behind the grille? thanks a lot, i just wanted to find out these things before i purhcase a grille...thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
tacof0b said:
I am so mad at myself!!! I attempted to install the grille last Sunday and I broke one of the mounting tabs (this is welded on the back of the grille). I contacted AutoAnything and gave me instructions on how to get an exchange with Trenz. Now, I have to wait for another 2 weeks (probably) to get my grilles.

Grille came with instructions and described that the grille may need to be bent by hand to fit flush against the stock grill. I wish they stated not to bend the mounting tabs.
:sosad:

Revans310, did you have to bend the grille? If you have any tips for installing this item properly, please post them. Thanks.
That was my only complaint about the install is you have to really push the Grill in to get the little strips to slide in and this forces the bars to bind inward and to answer your question it just takes time to mold it to the shape of the opening....sorry can't be more help

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Tacoma
22 Posts
anyone know if I were to get the original trenz billet grille that requires cutting of the OEM grille, will it come with the side inserts pieces? thanks

·
Banned
05 Taco PreRunner
784 Posts
Please help...

Ok, after reading about all this I am kinda lost? Some grilles you have to cutt others you just bolt over? I would like to cutt out my old one and put a new one in. Has anyone done this and how difficult would it be? Also what about the bottom grille and two small side pieces next to the center big grille? Can those be cutt or are they just bolt over? Yes, I know these are pretty silly questions but I'd rather have someone have done it than me do it and mess up first. And if you ask me wouldn't it make more sense to cutt out the stock grille and put the billet in its place instead of bolting in over it...because how would you ever get behind the grille to clean if needed:confused: Call me anal, but I try to clean every nook and cranny. Any info would help and pics. Thanks dudes!:thumbup:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
turbos17 said:
Ok, after reading about all this I am kinda lost? Some grilles you have to cutt others you just bolt over? I would like to cutt out my old one and put a new one in. Has anyone done this and how difficult would it be? Also what about the bottom grille and two small side pieces next to the center big grille? Can those be cutt or are they just bolt over? Yes, I know these are pretty silly questions but I'd rather have someone have done it than me do it and mess up first. And if you ask me wouldn't it make more sense to cutt out the stock grille and put the billet in its place instead of bolting in over it...because how would you ever get behind the grille to clean if needed:confused: Call me anal, but I try to clean every nook and cranny. Any info would help and pics. Thanks dudes!:thumbup:
Well, I'm just going to go with the bolt over one. That way if it ever get's messed up for any reason, I can just take it off and voila, there is my old stock grille still sitting. Also, the bolt over one has the cut out for the toyota logo. I like that option. Not sure if you have to cut out the bottom or side vent pieces, dont know if they have a bolt over one for the bottom part. Just my 2 cents.

41 - 60 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.