Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have a 99 Camry California emissions 4 cylinder. I am getting trouble codes P0125, P0171, P1130. I looked up the codes but i am still confused because Do I need a oxygen sensor or air/fuel sensor? Thanks

·
Registered
03 CAMRY XLE
3,244 Posts
First, check the vacuum hoses going to the EGR, the vacuum modulator, and the associated VSV ... vacuum switching valve. ... Could be one of these hoses came loose and is causing the codes to come up. ... This has been reported in a previous post.

For a California Emission built engine, you would require the Air/Fuel ratio sensor for upstream of the catalytic converter. The sensor downstream of the converter is an O2 sensor.

Did you by any chance run out of gas? The FSM says that running out of fuel can cause P0125 to appear. If so, you might want to just disconnect the battery for a minute, or reset the codes with a scan tool, and see if the problem codes come up again.

How many miles on your car? If installing a new A/F R sensor, doesn't fix the code problem, you may have a defective wiring connector. Something like this was reported once previously... The wires going into the A/F R connector plug were not making good contact. ... Just something to keep in mind.

... keep us posted if you find anything out.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
You have A/F sensor with 1.4 ohm resistance heater
Does your car emit blue smoke at start ups?? (common problem with older Camry due to the work exhaust valve seals)?
In theory this may contaminate and damage the sensor.
Note if using digital scanner it will display some small voltage around .66 volts this is normal because unlike standard O2 sensor, A/f sensor voltage does not fluctuate with high amplitude.
Also get freeze frame (aka data recording when code was set) and post it here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.