Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 1999 toyota camry, and came up with a P0401 code. ive cleaned out the EGR valve, and tested the modulator, so i believe the issue is the vsv. After a few useless attempts to remove the old vsv, i decided i would just remount the new one on the firewall, and leave the old one. However the issue i'm having is removing the connector plug. I've removed the two hoses, yet i cant seem to get the plug off. Coming in from underneath the car I could not get a good grip on it. But reaching in from above and behind the intake manifold i was able to get a relatively good grip on this plug. But no matter how hard i pull (not very hard giving the ridiculous angle my arm is coming in from) i cant get it off. I'm seriously considering cutting the wires and replacing the plug instead, but figured id look for some internet wisdom first. Does anyone know a good way to get this plug off?

·
Registered
93 Camry, 98 Camry,
758 Posts
I have done this before. You have to push a tab in on the plug housing. It's a pain because there is no room but it is doable. Check out the threads on here. One of them tells and shows how to do it.

·
just a nobody
Echo
6,610 Posts
Since you are relocating the VSV, just unbolt it from underneath the car, then pull it out by the wire to disconnect it. You can do that with a long extension and a universal socket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts