Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I just bought a new 07 4x4 with V6 and 6 speed manual. I love it, but have been a bit disappointed by the 6 speed tranny. Specifically, I find that shifting from 1st to 2nd is "crunchy." It's like the 2nd gear syncro doesn't work well. I've been driving stick all my life, but always on little cars like Accords and Integras, so maybe I'm just not used to how a truck transmission feels.

Has anyone else noticed or complained about the Tacoma's 6 speed being difficult to shift into second? I've seen posts about difficulty downshifting into first, and general derogatory remarks about the tranny, but nothing specific. Is there something wrong with my truck, or do I just need to get used to shifting MUCH slower and gentler than my old Integra.

Thanks,
--mgm

·
2007Camry Hybrid
663 Posts
same here and it was the same on my 5 spd Tacoma 2. So what I do is when in first I pretty much only start rolling to shift into second.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I was also searching on customtacos.com and I hit a thread regarding a TSB that mentioned very similar symptoms. The TSB is for 05 and some 06 Tacomas, but I swear this sounds like the issue I'm having with my 07. I've replied to the post of CT to see if there's anyone else experiencing this with an '07. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78841&highlight=2nd+gear+grinding

Anyone here have this problem with an 07 and mention it to a dealer or service tech?

Thanks,
--mgm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts