Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Toyota Solara. Both of the plastic undercarriage parts have fallen off and I have had to take take them completely off because they were dragging while I was driving. Does anyone know if this can be an issue in or if my car is going to be ok, I know they are to protect the underside of my car but I do know how long I can go without them on. Also, does anyone know where to get replacement parts for this?

·
Registered
Toyota Solara TRD
61 Posts
I have a 2000 solara and the same thing happened with mine. they haven't come off completely yet, but i can't bolt the back on because the plastic itself ripped.

·
Old Solaraguy User
'99 Solara
136 Posts
I have a 2005 Toyota Solara. Both of the plastic undercarriage parts have fallen off and I have had to take take them completely off because they were dragging while I was driving. Does anyone know if this can be an issue in or if my car is going to be ok, I know they are to protect the underside of my car but I do know how long I can go without them on. Also, does anyone know where to get replacement parts for this?
Since you're in NM, I'd say you'll be alright until winter. I'd watch out for some big puddles though until you do get a replacement part. Check your local junkyard, might get lucky. of course, there's the dealership, but that'll probably be expensive. Are the tabs completely broken off or do they just need new quick fasteners?

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,287 Posts
its only a splash guard so you're fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The local oil change emporium left out some of the clips and so the panel tore off. They picked up a new one at Toyota. It's not very expensive. The clips are a pain to remove and replace properly. Every time they change the oil filter (6 cylinder) they pull the pan. Annoying, especially since I have the oil changed every 2 months (4000 miles). I've a little too old to crawl under the car to do an oil change to save $10. Hy

·
Registered
7 Posts
The local oil change emporium left out some of the clips and so the panel tore off. They picked up a new one at Toyota. It's not very expensive. The clips are a pain to remove and replace properly. Every time they change the oil filter (6 cylinder) they pull the pan. Annoying, especially since I have the oil changed every 2 months (4000 miles). I've a little too old to crawl under the car to do an oil change to save $10. Hy
Why do they pull the pan everytime?

·
Registered
149 Posts
They pull the plastic pan because it's a PITA to get the oil filter out otherwise, Whenever they try to change it without pulling the plastic panel, they make a mess. I'm going to be doing the next oil change myself because I've got to change the timing belt, so I'll replace all the clips with new ones at that time. Hy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts