Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone steer me in the right direction on the differences of the tacoma truck beds from 05-08 to 09. I know the 05-08 have a composite bed, but what is the difference in the 09? I'm looking to add a truck rack to a tacoma that I may get soon and was wondering if the 2009 has a better application for a truck rack? Is the 2009 truck bed still composite? Does it have any metal in the bed in which a rack could mount to? Has anyone installed a rack on an 09 yet? Thanks in advance.

Hoagrod.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is from Toyota.com regarding the 09' Model. Looks to be the same as 05-08 years.

"Fiber-reinforced Sheet-Molded Composite (SMC) inner bed with steel outer panels, storage compartments, rail caps and removable tailgate
Deck Rail System with four adjustable tie-down cleats"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would anyone know if the structural support for the bed is stronger in the 09 or is it pretty much the same? I've searched everywhere and cannot find this information. I guess I'm looking/searching if there is a rack that can be mounted to the bed floor. Thanks for the quick replies.

Hoagrod

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
I doubt there is any structural difference between the 05-08 and the 09's. i agree w/ el smurfo.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
'06 Tacoma
370 Posts
This is from Toyota.com regarding the 09' Model. Looks to be the same as 05-08 years.

"Fiber-reinforced Sheet-Molded Composite (SMC) inner bed with steel outer panels, storage compartments, rail caps and removable tailgate
Deck Rail System with four adjustable tie-down cleats"
The bed is entirely composite material, the 09s are the same. The "steel outer panels" that they refer to are the body panels. This always seemed a bit misleading to me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yes the 09 is exactly the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts