Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Been lurking around these forums for a few month now - gaining lots of useful knowledge. I now have a question regarding my 1989 4x4 Pickup Xcab. It seems that when I am parked on a very level surface, the back end looks like its approx 2 - 3 inches lower than the front end (like having a heavy load in the bed). My guess is that the rear leaf springs are way worn, but wanted to post to the group for reccomendation on what to check. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Steve

·
Yota Meister
1989 Pickup 4x4
291 Posts
If the back is saggy, then your springs are worn. It's a common problem. I just bought lift shackles because I'm cheap.

·
Workin Toy
218 Posts
add-a-leafs are going to help, but will give you a stiff ride. You could have them re-arched. or just bite the bullet and buy a new set. Installation isn't too bad if you have a torch and some jackstands (or a lot of patience to get the u-bolts off by hand)

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the fix

podracer169,

www.northwestoffroad.com has full up replacements I just put them on my 89 Xcab that was sitting flat and used their greasable shackes and pins too. Great Set up and they have extra capacity too. Forget the add a leaf, do it right and replace those worn leafs, if they where like mine they where about 1/2 the thickness of the origonals.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
You don't need a lot of patience to get the u-bolts off. If you get a new set or want to do the add-a-leaf thing, go check out my DIY on lowering block install in the sticky section, and that will give you some idea how easy it is to really did into your rear suspension. Just keep in mind, mine was done on 2x4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts