Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little confused. I thought everyone said that the total weight of their MR-2 was only like 2600 lbs. Yet on the doorpanel, it states it is 3200 + lbs....... is this weight with all fluids, luggage, and persons at a standard rate.?

·
Owns first Mr2!!!!!
MKII Mr2
140 Posts
Well since you have a 93' I thought the weight was 2888, from what I read. But I got this information from wikipedia.org: "The most important features of the AW11 were its light body (as low as 2,200 lb in Japan and 2,350 lb in the US)"

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok

well thats fine, the 2600 lbs was just what someone had said to me years ago, I just might have forgoyyen... But the question remains, what is the gross weight?? and why is it so much higher... Is it just the fluids... is it the fluids persons, and luggage?

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
lets see...

spare tire... lightweight wheels... removed wing... front bumper is now fiberglass... front bumper (metal bumper)... in the dash there are three big metal impact plates... i removed... steering wheel w/ airbag... stripped out the entire trunk... removed cruise control (cables, controller and computer)

hmm..... theres more... i can't think right now... but if i go out to my garage i have everything in a pyle i can name it but i weighed every piece w/ a house hold bath scale and added it up... weighed the difference in parts i put on... then subtracted that from curb... i was pretty accurate...

but i did remove alot of saftey from impact :( so i hope i don't crash

·
Young At Heart
1993 Mr2
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok

Great, Now that makes sense... I was just curious as the weight difference. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
89Supra, 92MR2
54 Posts
You can always weight it

You may have already done this, but just an FYI ...

I have weighed in on tractor trailer scales at weigh stations. That will give you the actual weight as is- full tank of gas, just you, etc.

·
Registered
445 Posts
DjJester88 said:
Well since you have a 93' I thought the weight was 2888, from what I read. But I got this information from wikipedia.org: "The most important features of the AW11 were its light body (as low as 2,200 lb in Japan and 2,350 lb in the US)"
thats because the AW11 is significantly smaller & lighter than the SW20.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts