Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blocked off the trunk air vent (RTV and rubber mat) and this reduced but didnot eliminate the leakage into the drivers side 'tool kit recess' area in the bottom of the trunk. Has anybody solved this problem?

thanks!:confused:

·
Wanderlust
Camry
18 Posts
not sure where the leaks are comming from but I drilled two small holes in both sides so the water would drain out and haven't had a problem since, just make sure that you paint after you drill(at least some primer anyway to prevent rust).

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
First, you NEED to find out where the leak is coming from. I've had 2 leaks in my 2 Gen 3 trunks. 1 was from an accident and shitty repair job (plugged the hole with a lil putty), and the 2nd was my current car when the trunk rubber got messed up (bought new one from dealer for ~$50 and fixed the problem).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the seams and welds along the drain channel surrounding the trunk. I had rusty seams and a cracked weld that were leaking. Clear silicone is a quick fix for this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had that problem and like above, the taillight seal was the problem. I bought some chaulk and chaulk it real good and have had no problem since. good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Gen 4 Camry trunk leaks. POSSIBLE CAUSE: Rear quarter panel air duct flap loose or missing.

New part#62940-AA011. TSB BO028-00

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for input guys! I do seem to remember a Supra tail light leak I had also.

:whatwhat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts