Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
You can try to lift the rear seat bottom to expose the bolts for the back rests. The back rest should give some room to reach the back rest release cables.

Are your seats 60/40 split?

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
Yes they are. I already took out the bottom part and removed the bolt in the center but I can't really reach the ones on the side. Do you know how many bolts there are to get at least one side out?
There’s 3 bolts. 1 on either side by the door opening and the one in the center. Since it’s 60/40, I would get the 40 side. The latch is located at the package tray. You might be able to use a flat head screw driver to push up on the release to see if the seat opens that way.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
Thanks, that's what I've found as well, but this is for the solid rear seat. Mine has 2 bolts on each side under the cushion
Look for the U shape metal bracket at the base of the seat back this is for the bolt to the seat pan.

Hopefully it works out to open the seats.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
So I finally managed to get it open by using lots of pushing up force and putting an empty soda can under the release lever inside. It doesn't look too bad but I feel it might have been pushed a little inside because I can see through between bumper and body. Never noticed that before and am a little worried that when I get a new trunk lid that it might not close anymore. Could someone check their car and confirm this is normal?
View attachment 391600
Try reseating the weatherstrip. It isn’t terrible. You can also take the weatherstrip off and straighten it so the surface is flatter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts