Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a mercedes 300ce or a lexus sc400 or lexus ls400.

I am not sure which one of these to get. I like the look of the mercedes coupe and the lexus ls400 body style more than the sc400, but I like the coupe part of it.

I need a daily driver with some chrome 29 or 20's on it and any of these cars fit the bill.

Which would you get?

Here is what the mercedes looks like.
You know what the other cars look like..mercedes

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
wow, when did you move to the island? what part?

ive always had a thing for the sc400, but if thers a chance youll be driving with other people very often id go with the ls400. im not to sure about the benz, it looks heavy(dont ask me why), and does it only have a V6?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what the mercedes has for an engine. My buddy had a 190 with the v6 and it would cruise effortlessly at 180 to 200 kph even with 150k on the motor.

I moved to Campbell River, got a job at a sign shop after I sold mine. Looking to get a job at an accounting firm in Victoria though.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
how bout getting the sc400, then swapping the V8 into your cam and the 4cyl into the sc400 so you have a classy, yet economical daily driver:D there might be a wee bit of custom work that needs to be done, but im sure your up to the task:cool:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I have always loved the SC400. I love it's looks. But like Fresco Bob said, if you want the room and will always be hauling poeple around, get the LS400. I used to love MB, but have lost interest in them. I would also say, let milage be a factor in your decision. If the MB has 150k, and the SC or LS has 250k, go for the MB.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I would go with either Lexus. I'm not much into benzes. They are very nice and all, but I would just rather a Lex.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It depends on how clean the cars you are considering are. An SC400 with reasonable milage will still hold it's value pretty well. Both the LS and SC are very reliable. I'm not much of a Benz fan. I would go with the SC, it such a solid powerful touring coupe oozing with class. Go for it if you can find a nice one for a good price.

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Ls400 are the creme` de le creme` for luxury cars in the lexus line.. there very comfortable..

Although the sc400 is damn sexy. :jerkit:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts