Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a regular garage air compressor that their Tacoma's stock power inverter can run?

I'm thinking this might be a cheaper solution to get on board air.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Why do you want an AC compressor? There are TONS of 12V compressors that hook directly to the battery for airing up after wheeling or whatever.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you want an AC compressor? There are TONS of 12V compressors that hook directly to the battery for airing up after wheeling or whatever.
Cause I'm weird that way. I like everything to be squared away and having to pop the hood and hook that thing up to the truck's battery would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Mount it to your truck, with a small air tank. Or just mount the compressor itself, a good spot is to take the driver side bed compartment out, and mount the compressor upside down to the bottom and have it hidden in the fender.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I agree, 12V compressor is the way to go IMO. You could always run some heavy wire back to the bed and have a 12V outlet in the bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't want to hijack this, but,... I do have some info about a compressor that works.

I am in the process of camperizing my 07cclb, I have tested and plan on installing an older dewalt finishing compressor (the model that dewalt carried over from emglo when they bought in) that I have had lying around the shop. I have isolated the compressor and control panel (digital pressure switch) ,located conveniently in a nice plastic box, and I have cut the 1gallon tank out of the protective "roll cage". The compressor is very quiet, and I would like to mount it behind the rear seats (fits very nicely) I will create a space under the flatbed while I build that. I need to find the post inverter cable or replace it completely with the ARB harness. (Or just run heavier gauge wire??)...any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts