Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help determining the value of my car.

It's a Toyota Corolla 2000 VE
-around 185,000 miles
-5 speed
-short ram intake
-engine runs strong (regular oil changes)
-tinted windows

The cons
-3rd gear shot
-4th gear pops out half the time
-front bumper has a crack
-paint on hood is starting to fade

Any other information I should add on? Thanks guys!

·
Toyota Collector
12,016 Posts

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Not worth much at all. On top of that trying to sell it will be tough.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
The best way to be get it independently appraised. The blue book value usually does not take into account factors like issues with gearbox etc.

Like other guys said, it may not be worth the time and hassle of selling. If you can get some "cash-for-clunkers" deal on it, that should be the best scenario.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I'll take it off your hands for $2000.

You pay me. :D

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Put it up on Craigslist for like $500usd or best offer for the whole car as a mechanic's special. Otherwise, the only people who are probably gonna buy it will be a junk dealer.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,789 Posts
Replace the tranny yourself & either keep it or sell it for $2k+. With a properly working transmission it will sell just fine. Someone could buy it & still put another 200k miles on it. If it's not worth selling for a small amount than just keep it. It's always nice to have an extra car around when needed. I kept my 94 Corolla with 200k miles on it instead of selling it for $3500. The car was worth more to me than $3500 so I kept it & I'm glad I did. Now my daughter drives it & she loves it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Replace the tranny yourself & either keep it or sell it for $2k+. With a properly working transmission it will sell just fine. Someone could buy it & still put another 200k miles on it. If it's not worth selling for a small amount than just keep it. It's always nice to have an extra car around when needed. I kept my 94 Corolla with 200k miles on it instead of selling it for $3500. The car was worth more to me than $3500 so I kept it & I'm glad I did. Now my daughter drives it & she loves it. :thumbsup:
Hell come to think of it, I would just drive it until no gears work if it was me, forget fixing the trans now.... can probably go for awhile with it like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, I was thinking the same thing; keep the car, fix the tranny. Corollas are such dependable cars. Even though 3rd and 4th are almost done, I still put 30k on the car.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
QFT.

Can never underestimate the value of a reliable old car.

Reason why I'm going to be driving mine into the ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts