1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dtd. 3/17/09

2008-2009 Camry V6

To enhance shifting performance and smoothness during acceleration.

Flash reprogram the ECU and test drive per Service Manual procedure.

New Calibration ID - 895363310300

If there is a shift flare, harsh downshift on reacceleration or "Jerk" feeling on reacceleration then check the auto trans. fluid level and adjust if necessary.

If the driving conditions are still present:

Remove and replace the automatic transaxle assembly w/torque converter.

Repair covered under the 60 month/60,000 miles Powertrain Warranty.

G

·
To bad it does not mention hesitation.

I would like a more full definition of what Toyota means when they say
"enhance shifting performance"

Who wants to be the first ?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G

·
Gen6 V6 Camry's need a separate category on this forum.

Or if possible have a box that need to be selected for engine type before being allowed to submit a post.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
Why wouldn't this TSB cover the 2007 V6s? I thought the 07-10 V6s all had the same exact drivetrains... I am still having shift flares and strange hesitations and jerks when I accelerate sometimes.

Edit: Wait a sec, I just re-read njerald's original post. Are they saying that they will replace entire transmission to fix this shift flare issue?!?!?

·
Registered
2009 Camry
67 Posts
Maybe, if the recalibration doesn't work. After two months, and a misdiagnosis of a bad torque converter, they recalibrated my 09 I4. The difference was like nite and day. No more "rumble strip" feeling on low speed acceleration.

G

·
I opened up a case number with Toyota corporate inquiring about this TSB ,

waiting to her back, the question being, "what is the criteria for having this

TSB implemented?"

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why wouldn't this TSB cover the 2007 V6s? I thought the 07-10 V6s all had the same exact drivetrains... I am still having shift flares and strange hesitations and jerks when I accelerate sometimes.

Edit: Wait a sec, I just re-read njerald's original post. Are they saying that they will replace entire transmission to fix this shift flare issue?!?!?
Because the 2007's have their own TSB-0089-09 that is worded the same except the new calibration ID is 895363301400.

That's what it says...................

·
Registered
2007 Camry XLE
78 Posts
I have a 2007 I4 auto transmission with 11400 miles. I have the -07 ECM recal installed. I went to my dealer yesterday and asked for TSB-0068-08, The tech forgot to put a sticker under the hood. Asked him to put one on. I just went out and checked and it says TSB-0090-09 ID 895363310300. The invoice, also had tires rotated, has no mention of the TSB. I only have driven 16 miles back home. I also had the AC checked so I was paying more attention to the coolness but it seem to drive OK. Is this TSB also for the 2007 I4 auto or should I take it back and see what he actually put in. Could it hurt the car I am going on a 4500 miles vacation in a few months.

Also searched for TSB 0089-09 with no results on this forum and google.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have a 2007 I4 auto transmission with 11400 miles. I have the -07 ECM recal installed. I went to my dealer yesterday and asked for TSB-0068-08, The tech forgot to put a sticker under the hood. Asked him to put one on. I just went out and checked and it says TSB-0090-09 ID 895363310300. The invoice, also had tires rotated, has no mention of the TSB. I only have driven 16 miles back home. I also had the AC checked so I was paying more attention to the coolness but it seem to drive OK. Is this TSB also for the 2007 I4 auto or should I take it back and see what he actually put in. Could it hurt the car I am going on a 4500 miles vacation in a few months.

Also searched for TSB 0089-09 with no results on this forum and google.

Well, that's not the right TSB or calibration for the I4 so who knows what they did..................take it back and have them verify the calibration ID and correct the sticker.

Can't help you with your futile search but it doesn't apply to you, so who cares.

·
Registered
2007 Camry XLE
78 Posts
Wouldn't the computer be set up so that the wrong TSB could not be entered. Things could really get messed up if it did.

·
TRD Pwnage
2009 Camry SE
40 Posts
I got this TSB recal done day before yesterday. and after freeway and city driving my thoughts are this...

Hesitation -- a little better 6/10
flaring -- better 7/10
shift lurch -- not much change 2/10
smoothness -- much better 8/10

Better than it was, but not completely fixed on all fronts. I suggest to get this done if you notice problems...but I also hope they come out with a tsb that will be a complete fix...

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Maybe, if the recalibration doesn't work. After two months, and a misdiagnosis of a bad torque converter, they recalibrated my 09 I4. The difference was like nite and day. No more "rumble strip" feeling on low speed acceleration.

That same problem was able to be fixed with a different TSB. I had mine done last year thanks to njerald.

·
PaintedHubCaps
94 Posts
I have 07 camry 2.4 and every once in a while i press the gas pedal and seems like the engine revs but car doesn't do anything for maybe 1 second and then starts to accelerate and once while my car was in "drive" i wouldn't move just engine rev to 5k 6k and i had to put it in 'n' and back to 'd' but i take it to dealership and they drive it and find no problems. help plz? i need this calibration? be gentle i'm tn virgin xD

G

·
I have 07 camry 2.4 and every once in a while i press the gas pedal and seems like the engine revs but car doesn't do anything for maybe 1 second and then starts to accelerate and once while my car was in "drive" i wouldn't move just engine rev to 5k 6k and i had to put it in 'n' and back to 'd' but i take it to dealership and they drive it and find no problems. help plz? i need this calibration? be gentle i'm tn virgin xD

You are on the V6 thread, please look at this thread specific to the 4cylinder Camry, TSB-0068-08 5/21/08 ECM Calibration:Enhancement to Shifting Performance, Smoothness

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251550

Please this thread is for V6 only

1 - 20 of 33 Posts