Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Smart Key Vehicles

Some customers may experience limited battery life in their Smart Keys. The Smart Key "wakes up" by receiving a "ping" or electronic noise. many electronic devices emit a "ping", therefore a Smart Key(s) could wake up and as a result, battery life could be reduced.

If the Smart Keys are stored near any of the following components, battery life may be reduced. Keep Smart keys at least 1 meter (40 inches) from these electronic devices.

TVs or computer monitors
DVD or VCR units
Desktop PCs or notebooks
Cordless phones or cell phones
Microwave ovens or other electronic cooking appliances
Modems
Certain lighting fixtures............

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,682 Posts
Why was a TSB needed for something that is already stated in the owners manual?

On page 36 of the 2007 Camry Hybrid Manual, or page 34 of the 2007 Camry Manual:

"If the electronic key receives strong electromagnetic waves over a period of time, the battery can be drastically run down. You should always keep the following electrical appliances at least 1 m (3 ft.) away from the electronic key.

-TV
-Personal Computer
-Cellular phone or cordless phone recharger unit
-Electric light stand
-Fluorescent desk lamps"

More or less keep it away from other electric items.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the other 6 Toyota models that use the Smart Key?

Think it all the way through.........

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,682 Posts
It's also in the Avalon manual, Highlander and Highlander Hybrid manuals... and I'm sure that it's in the Prius and Land Cruiser manuals. That's 5... what's the 6th other Toyota vehicle that uses the smart key?

My original question remains... if it's in all the manuals, why do they need a TSB...?

Don't be so quick to judge........

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's also in the Avalon manual, Highlander and Highlander Hybrid manuals... and I'm sure that it's in the Prius and Land Cruiser manuals. That's 5... what's the 6th other Toyota vehicle that uses the smart key?

My original question remains... if it's in all the manuals, why do they need a TSB...?

Don't be so quick to judge........
Camry................

A good number of Owners and Dealer Service Employees don't read Owners Manuals.............that is why there a number of idiotic threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.