Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through some TSB's for the Tacoma and have a couple questions:

-Do the numbers before the "Z" have to match in order for it to apply to my Taco?

-When it says "before" I assume it means if the last 6 or 7 digits, after the "Z"...so if mine is 034801 than that's a pretty "early" number.

Thanks...sorry if it's a dumb question. (I noticed a couple TSB's that might apply to my truck that I think my service manager failed to mention to me.)

Rick "Boo"
Monument Colorado

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
Yeah it's strictly after the "Z". You have an earlier '05 than I do and I "qualified" for a few of the TSB's.

Also, you can't really get mad that the service tech didn't mention them to you. You have to notice the problem yourself and mention it to them, whether you know about the fix or not. TSB's aren't the same as a recall. They don't like replacing stuff "just because".

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Boone...that's what I thought.

I like your black bumper...mine was the chrome one and I backed into a fire hydrant at work and crushed the corner of it..and then I noticed it, also, bent the back of the rear, right quarter panel.

So got it in the body shop and they just took it apart and, now, have to replace the bumper and the rear quarter panel....geesh...I was only driving about 5 mph, in reverse, when I hit the fire hydrant. (It's low so you can't see it.)

I guess Toyota can't brag "Built Ford Tough".....

Boo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
EngineerBoo
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing