Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought the tsb from edmonds.com to the dealership told them i was having hesitation and they said theyd check it out....left it for an hour an they called back saying that the tsb didnt apply to my vin...and i have no open campaigns out for my vin.....they took it for ride and said everything seemed fine....?????

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Typical noob.

Doesn't say what vehicle she has or what TSB she has, doesn't Search and wants help...............

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Pretty simple...

If your car was built after May 2008, it has the latest software change and the TSB doesn't apply.

Easy to check with either your VIN or looking at your build date on the door pillar.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Build date on door is march 2008 so should i go to a different dealer since the first dealer said my car was fine??

·
0 Posts
I would take it to another dealer.

Communication is a hard art form, especially on a forum like this.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the info wont be in there computer if they look it up or anything saying that another dealer told me to screw..sorry for the ? but you guys seem to know this shit

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
You go in, tell them you have a hesitation, you know about TSB -0068-08, your car was built before the TSB was published and you want the ECM reprogrammed to 333A5100 Calibration ID.

There are no VIN numbers mentioned in the TSB. I would think they have to hook up their TIS Techstream to the car to read the present calibration ID which s/b 333A5000, 33366000 or 33366100 (if you have a Fed emissions vehicle).

This whole thing has been covered before re: this TSB. Another stupid repeat....

SEARCH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts