Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
2007 Camry SE V6
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I just heard about a new TSB that came out 1/18/07.
TSB TC002-07
Does this apply to the 2007 Camry V6 6 speed automatic?
If so, does anybody have the VIN# range this applies to?

·
Old TN Member
256 Posts
Hey All...

If this TSB fixes the surge problem in the v6 camry... I PROMISEEEEEEEEEE I am going to SLAP the shit out of my little brother when I get home....

Pray that it is a fix.... :slap:

Cheers to ALL if it is TRUE!!

·
2007 Camry SE V6
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My understanding is, TSB TC002-07 just came out on 1/18/07.
I was alerted to it today in another discussion, but so far haven't been able to find out what is says.
I did get this from another discussion earlier today with regard to it:
"...The TSB applies to vehicles in a certain production range. It does specify replacement of the automatic transaxle only if the customer has had prior concerns."

·
Registered
451 Posts
astrokat said:
I think it was on page 2 or 3 it listed the VINS affected .. no?
I think you're reading the most recent "revised" TSB that was posted on 1/18/07

TC015R-06 which menas the following...

TC = Transmission/Clutch

015 = the 15th TSB for TC (keep in mind this is all Toyotas, not just the CLAMry)

R = Revised

-06 = 2006

The new TSB being discussed in this thread is = TC002-07

or the second (002) TC related TSB for 2007

·
Registered
73 Posts
TSB Content

mrshyvley said:
My understanding is, TSB TC002-07 just came out on 1/18/07.
I was alerted to it today in another discussion, but so far haven't been able to find out what is says.
I did get this from another discussion earlier today with regard to it:
"...The TSB applies to vehicles in a certain production range. It does specify replacement of the automatic transaxle only if the customer has had prior concerns."
I've read the new TSB. It refers specifically to the 07 Camry V6, just like the earlier August TSB. However, this time, they mention actual VIN # ranges that are impacted. As before, they go to great pains to emphasize that only cars for which the dealer can reproduce the flare qualify for the TSB procedure. The big news is that, unlike the previous TSB that specified replacement of the valve body component of the transaxle, this one specifies replacement of the entire transaxle and torque converter. There are two possible reasons for this change: (1) Toyota Corporate learned the hard way that too few dealer mechanics have the skill or attention to detail required to open up and work on a transmission without destroying it, and/or (2) Parts in addition to the valve body are the cause of the flare.

What I would like to know are the following: (1) Whether the transmissions they're installing per the new TSB have improvements over the ones they installed in cars belonging to those of us who got new transmissions before the TSB came out; and, (2) Whether the torque converter has been revised. I mention the second issue because the repair order that accompanied my car when it was returned to me stated the transaxle had been replaced, but did not mention anything about the torque converter.

For the curious, my replacement transmission (installed in December) still exhibits the flare problem - sometimes even when the engine is fully warmed up.

The new TSB applies to vehicles made *before* the following VIN #s:
JTNBK46K#73016015
4T1BK46K#7U025516
4T1BK46K#7U530472

-Doug

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
ToyotaCarFan said:
The new TSB applies to vehicles made *before* the following VIN #s:
JTNBK46K#73016015
4T1BK46K#7U025516
4T1BK46K#7U530472
/quote]

Well then, the real question at hand now is--has anyone driven or owned a vehicle above the noted vins which had the problem? Also, what is the actual date they changed versus what date did somone have a new tranny installed which still has a problem? Replacement of the torque converter is an interesting turn because that gadget isn't cheap, so the problem might be related to fluid pressures??? Or the actual structure of the housing has been modified so that the old TC would not fit the new transaxle??

·
Registered
24 Posts
My car falls into the JTN vin number. I only have about 1200 miles on the car so far but I has flare shifted maybe twice so far. What I do find odd is in the morning the car has a different noise coming from the engine sounds a little like a hung up lifter. I konw the car doesn't have lifters but it sounds a little like that from older cars. Once the car warms up the sound goes away.

·
Registered
451 Posts
ToyotaCarFan said:
The big news is that, unlike the previous TSB that specified replacement of the valve body component of the transaxle, this one specifies replacement of the entire transaxle and torque converter. There are two possible reasons for this change: (1) Toyota Corporate learned the hard way that too few dealer mechanics have the skill or attention to detail required to open up and work on a transmission without destroying it, and/or (2) Parts in addition to the valve body are the cause of the flare.
Curious as to what the failing condition is for the replacement transaxle?

Mine fell into the VIN range...

I was told less than a month ago that they would not do the valve body TSB, but would instead replace the transaxle because my car was built after 07/06.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine falls after the VIN range (sorry I celebrated prematurely before). I have not noticed any flare issues, but i only have 790 miles on my Camry (she is still a virgin).

I have a 11/06 Build.

·
Old TN Member
256 Posts
If this really fixes the flare... which I assume is the purpose of the TSB... then this will be a joyous day for not only Camry owners, but ES owners as well. I mean this will also be a joyous day for those that are planning to purchase the camry since the flare issue would be resolved. But until someone actually applies or can verify this TSB's validity, I can only hope. Thanks. Cheers to all.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got a copy of the TSB over at Yahoo Toyotas Only.
This definitely includes my car.
Finally feel like I'm beginning to get some answers.

·
Old TN Member
256 Posts
mrshyvley said:
I just got a copy of the TSB over at Yahoo Toyotas Only.
This definitely includes my car.
Finally feel like I'm beginning to get some answers.
do you think you could post it...

if you could that would be great... thanks....

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a 5pd se, but when i ask the serivce advisor about the transmission problem there quick to say, its because people are not use to driving with drive-by-wire. I dont kno if that is true, but why are they so quick to make an excuse. just like the jetta burns oil because the rings were put in opposite, they say that is normal, even my camry, they said steering wheel shrudering is normal, kinda went away here in dallas since its not that cold

·
Old TN Member
256 Posts
djpeetur said:
i have a 5pd se, but when i ask the serivce advisor about the transmission problem there quick to say, its because people are not use to driving with drive-by-wire. I dont kno if that is true, but why are they so quick to make an excuse. just like the jetta burns oil because the rings were put in opposite, they say that is normal, even my camry, they said steering wheel shrudering is normal, kinda went away here in dallas since its not that cold
they do this to not admit that there is a problem or because they are just idiots and don't know of the problem. and when someone doesn't know something.... you guessed it... they give you a BS answer or an answer that would make you happy...

what you mention is real and IS A PROBLEM... continue searching on this forum for suggestions and answers to your questions. hopefully this helps.... thanks..

1 - 20 of 218 Posts