Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Toyotero 100%
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tundra just reached 250,000 miles this week. Lately it started with vibrating tremors while driving. It has new tires and balance and alignment was done to the truck last month. The problem started this week, I checked the engine and transmission oil levels and they are OK. Could the problem be electrical or perhaps with the TPS or EGR valves? Any other areas that could be the reason for this suddend vibration?

·
Registered
1996 T100 RegCab 2WD
385 Posts
Welcome to TN! Did you check the wheels to make sure one of them didn't lose a balance weight?

·
Registered
1 Posts
is it just while your in motion or also when stopped with engine running? if its just while in motion, it could be center carrier bearing on driveshaft or u-joints going out

·
Registered
1 Posts
having this same problem with vibration.

I have a 2000 4 wheel drive that has moderate intermittent vibration in the drive train after the local dealership replaced the frame. I had the frame rust problem, and was fortunate to benefit from the recall program. I have checked out the wheel balance, brakes, and replaced a suspect rim. Nothing helped. I also notice some type of binding when this problem is present. This led me to think I might have a brake caliper or parking brake sticking. I will ask a tech to check the center carrier bearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kinda late , but check your ball joints , control arms, and sway bar. Mine was doing that and one day when I was pulling into the drive way I heard something pop, and my steering tightened up. Any more movement on steering my tire would be under my truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts