Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Tundra, 2004
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member her, hoping someone can help with this. My high beams stopped working about a year ago, and a local 'backyard' mechanic fixed it by replacing the fuse. Now they've stopped working again, and I checked the fuse. It's actually OK. So I thought there might be a problem with the relay, and I'm assuming it's the one that corresponds to 'dimmer' on the underside of the fuse/relay box lid. I took the relay out, and it clicks when I test it with 12 volts. Does that mean that the turn signal stalk switch is bad? I'm not sure if I'm even approaching this problem the right way.

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,049 Posts
On some Toyotas if one bulb fails then neither one will work. Check for power at the plug attaching to the bulb. When you turn on the hi-beams does the light on the dash still light up saying your hi-beams are on?
I think you have that?

·
Registered
Tundra, 2004
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I'll check to see if there's voltage at the bulbs, but I'm afraid it's more complicated than that because I don't hear a relay clicking when I move the turn signal stalk to the high beam position. (I do hear the click when I turn the headlights on.) Also, the blue light on the dash doesn't go on when I try to switch the high beams on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts