Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2012 Camry SE I4
2015 HL Limited & 20
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a new Tundra but I'm struggling with the stated fuel economy. Most cars and trucks seem to fall well short of the advertised fuel economy. Some seem to be off more than others. What are folks seeing for the 4WD version in city and on highway? Ford, Ram, GM, all seem to be better by 3-5 mpg. Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The son-in-law has a 2016. He put larger than usual tires on it which don’t help any but I swear that thing gets 14 miles to the gallon uphill downhill city country anywhere. Nice truck but damn...... And no it wasn’t that great before you put the bigger tires on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Tundra is just a "classic". It is a standard 5.7 V8 with no gimmicks. That, in a matter of speaking, is the issue...
I wouldn’t let them off the hook that easy. Old throttlebody 350 GMC’s got better mileage than that by a long shot for a similar body. This things got multi port fuel injection, what happened.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,886 Posts
I wouldn’t let them off the hook that easy. Old throttlebody 350 GMC’s got better mileage than that by a long shot for a similar body. This things got multi port fuel injection, what happened.

I still remember reading somewhere that Toyota stole the Chevy 350 design for its 5.7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts