Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
The 2006 and older version was limited slip, not a true locker. I dont know what the 2007 has. I know the limited slip unit is sensitive to lubrication. A 2005 (not mine) started making strange noises after putting in synthetic fluid, without special additive. I use RedLine gear oil in limited slip units. Mobil 1 and Valvoline Synpower axle fluids have both given me problems.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 2007 Tundra has a standard (on all grades) Auto Limited Slip Differential, Traction control, and Vehicle stability control, as well as Brake Assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The LSD is not a standard on the TRD off road package. It is an extra. It will be listed as a seperate line item on the window sticker.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
^ So get new tires. It's not the trucks fault. Tires usually spin when you mash the accelerator.:hammer:

And take it easy bro. No need for all the negativity.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
PECHOSH1816 said:
I have a tundra std cab V8 A/T and I have it. I spin both rear tires all the time. I can leave two dark tread marks on the street!
What year is your Tundra? Did you add the locker aftermarket? Tundra's pre-07 didn't come with a locker (as Nikita said), sounds like you have a limited slip differential. According to Toyota.com the 07's don't have a locker either.....if it does I missed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts