Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting either a new 07 Tacoma access cab or a 07 Tundra reg cab or maybe the double cab? I don't need the truck for off roading or for towing stuff, I do need 4 wheel for snow, and for steep mountain roads. Mainly I just want a sweet looking truck that is fast and will run like a hell:) So,I don't want a lot of weight, I don't have a family so i don't need a huge crew cab or a double cab. I drive a Yaris right now (106 hp),its my back and forth to work car. I want a truck for fridays and the weekend to play in:) I know the new Tundra is 381 Hp and that is amazing,but the Tacoma is cheaper ands pretty good at 234 hp and there is also the Tundra with the 271 hp. Which one is the best for just speed and pretty much regular driving? Also, when will Toyota put a bigger rebate on the Tacoma? And when will rebates come for the Tundra? Does anyone know when the 08 tacoma comes out? Will it have more horse power? Will it put the 07 to shame? People say that the Nissan frontier is good,but I drove it and the Tacoma and to me the Tacoma seems to take off better and it seems to have better ride and feel and its Yota engine:)

Well, thanks for your time and take care,

YotaYarisUSA :clap:

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
YotaYarisUSA said:
steep mountain roads.
That alone tells me your a candidate for a Tacoma with a manual tranny. If your choosing between a Tacoma and Tundra you really cant lose.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I test drove a Reg Cab 2007 5.7 Tundra today and all I can say is HOLY HELL!!!!!!!! What a truck I'm ordering 4X2 reg cab 5.7 V8 Blue Streak Metallica on Monday, with Sport Appearance Package,Tundra Bedliner,All weather floor mats, cold kit, the 6disc cd changer and XM Radio! I had that think up to over 100 mph in just a short time this truck is freaking sweet machine and I was getting all kinds of looks on the road I was smoking ppl, luckly I wasn't put in jail,but I may when I get this truck!!! Should be about 6weeks till the Yaris gets to have his big brother Tundra come home :clap: !!!!!!

Total take home price with tax tag and all is $26,736 not a bad deal to me its under MSRP and its a DAM Awesome Sweat Ass Truck!!!!

Later guys,

YotaYarisUSA:D

·
Tundra fan!!
2006 Toyota Tundra
75 Posts
CONGRATS on the new Tundra!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
YotaYarisUSA said:
Well, I test drove a Reg Cab 2007 5.7 Tundra today and all I can say is HOLY HELL!!!!!!!! What a truck I'm ordering 4X2 reg cab 5.7 V8 Blue Streak Metallica on Monday, with Sport Appearance Package,Tundra Bedliner,All weather floor mats, cold kit, the 6disc cd changer and XM Radio! I had that think up to over 100 mph in just a short time this truck is freaking sweet machine and I was getting all kinds of looks on the road I was smoking ppl, luckly I wasn't put in jail,but I may when I get this truck!!! Should be about 6weeks till the Yaris gets to have his big brother Tundra come home :clap: !!!!!!

Total take home price with tax tag and all is $26,736 not a bad deal to me its under MSRP and its a DAM Awesome Sweat Ass Truck!!!!

Later guys,

YotaYarisUSA:D
Congrats :clap: Damn I envy you, I have no use for a pickup truck but GOD I love both the new Tundra and the Taco X-Runner!! Wish I have the money and the "excuse" to own a truck :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
YotaYarisUSA said:
... People say that the Nissan frontier is good,but I drove it and the Tacoma and to me the Tacoma seems to take off better and it seems to have better ride and feel and its Yota engine...
I think that if you are going to walk on the snow, to agrees you Tacoma, Tacoma is more little that Tundra, Tacoma is more maneuverable.

Other, I would prefer one New Hilux in place that Frontier.
Hilux have 163 hp, and 0-100 km/h (0-62 miles/h) in 10 seconds and final speed 190 km/h (119 miles/h)
Frontier 140 hp, and 0-100 km/h in 14 seconds and final speed 160 km/h. (100 miles/h).

And space of the armchairs back is more large in Hilux that Frontier, we are speaking of double cab.

But, Tacoma is more accesible in your country, I think...

·
MMM TACO
06 Tacoma
581 Posts
you wouldnt have gone wrong with either truck, both look good, both fast for a truck, you can tow with either, tundra alot more obviously, both have 4 wheel drive both will do fine up a steep hill. Just whichever you like better, and you chose the tundra. Good Choice, im planning on taking one for a test drive for the hell of it soon.

on the frontier tacoma story, the frontier is a sorry excuse for a truck, they sound horrible inside, loads of rattles, it doesnt have the torque or horsepower of a tacoma, its not as quick as the tacoma, and it looks ugly as sin.

·
resident genius
07 Tundra
19 Posts
I agree on the frontier pos - the titan is a better truck but nothing like the quality of the toyotoa trucks! I bought a 4x2 5.7L crew cab tundra sr5 with trd package and lthr, jbl stereo and xm radio - it came with a LineX spary in bed liner and man this truck flys. I simply love this truck - forget ford, chevy, gmc and dodge much less nissan or others not worth the mention - taco or tundra these are the best trcuks on the road today....aaaah just my humble 02 :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts