Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the scoop, i work a landscape company. We pull mini excavators, small tractors, kubota tractors as well. And equipment of course. We want to replace two of our old chevy trucks. Ones a 1991 f350, another is a 1993 f-250. Both have been reliable but have cost us alot in maintenace. So the boss asked me if the new tundra can hold up?

Heres my questions should we get two new tundras to replace the old fords or should we replace them with either a new ford or sierra...

We have a 2500HD sierra already and so far its been a great truck it has the 8.1 vortec in there 345hps.

Also these two new truck, two of our foremans will be taking them home after work. What do you guys recommend? The specs on the new tundra dont look that bad. The boss saw the commercials on the superbowl and really liked what they have done with the tundra. Espically with the new motor.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
TrdTacoma84 said:
. We pull mini excavators, small tractors, kubota tractors as well. And equipment of course.
How much does that equipment/machinery weigh? We use a mini excavator at my job rarely but none of our trucks (all F350s) can haul it. The new Tundra can tow a lot for a 1/2 ton, but won't give you the payload/towing capacity of a 2500HD.

I'd try talking him into the Tundra though :)

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dana_15 said:
How much does that equipment/machinery weigh? We use a mini excavator at my job rarely but none of our trucks (all F350s) can haul it. The new Tundra can tow a lot for a 1/2 ton, but won't give you the payload/towing capacity of a 2500HD.

I'd try talking him into the Tundra though :)
Yeah the new tundras wont be used for the heavy stuff. He have a big gmc 4500 for the heavy stuff, also a 10wheeler, just giving some examples of the stuff we pull. The tundras will probably pull the small kubota and heavy work loads like grass and cement bags at the most.

The two fords we will be retiring will pull the equipment in the job site. The new tundras would be used more for the formans to get around. And also have the power and towing capability there in case they need to move some equipment.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Sounds like your boss needs a test drive :smokin:

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah yeah he said that we have to go look at them some time. He took a look at the sierras he said he liked them but the specs of the tundra are better. So he wants to see what its all about.

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So our company has came to a conclusion. Were thinking about purchasing three new Tundras. The most they would pull is 10,400 lbs. Do you guys think we should do it? Again they will be work trucks.

3 - 2007 Tundra's Dbl cab 5.7l Long bed 4x4.

or should we get 2500HD trucks?

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Thats near the tow limit for the Tundra....sounds like your company needs the HD, which is also a really nice truck. This is coming from a Toyota truck owner, and it hurts to say :lol:

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah sounds like we should too. I think were going to get one tundra for the main foreman. And two 2500HD trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts