Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2005 Matrix XRS and I wanted to get it tuned and have some work done to it. The 2ZZ-GE engine has been rebuilt and modified by Monkey Wrench Racing (MRW) and I was wondering if anyone knows a good tuning shop that specializes in the 2ZZ-GE motor? Or maybe a Toyota tuning shop that is good as well?

Modifications:
- MWR Stage 2 Camshaft
- Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
- MWR Billet Connecting Rods
- Port and Polished Heads
- MWR Performance Valve Springs and Retainers
- MWR Stainless Valves

Issues:
- Idle speed is too low
- I'm getting a check engine light P2441. MWR also modified the exhaust manifold since the rebuilt motor head wasn't equipped with air injection and my old 2ZZ-GE engine had it. I think it has something to do with how small the ports they drilled into it and was wondering if the shop could also drill them bigger? The pictures I included are the old and new exhaust manifold in case you were wondering.

Thanks,

Justin

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,654 Posts
Try Jei @ Black traxx

You need to have the secondary air injection removed from the ECU. I got a P0441 for the air injection on the modified 03-04 matrix xrs ecu.

MWR sells a block off kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Jei @ Black traxx

You need to have the secondary air injection removed from the ECU. I got a P0441 for the air injection on the modified 03-04 matrix xrs ecu.

MWR sells a block off kit.
Oh, I actually went to BlackTrax and they would not touch my car just because they are afraid that it won't be smog legal due to the modifications that have been done to it.

What is this block off kit? I've been talking to MWR directly about the P2441 code, and they never mentioned anything about a block off kit.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,654 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts