Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as of right now, other than buying a piggyback or standalone ecu, the only tuning solution that we have for our cars' is the bench flash tune that Orange Virus Tuning offers which is what I currently have on my car. All I got to say it was really well worth it. Once I got back my ecu, I felt a huge difference in throttle response and pick up. A couple of weeks after receiving my ecu, I got my car dynoed and put down 176 Hp and 169 lbft of Torque to the wheels ( Graph shown below). Now that's not bad considering that the car stock from the factory only makes 178 Hp and 170 lbft of Torque at the crank. Now I had forgot to tell the tuner that I had after market parts on my car, so the tune I currently have now isn't tuned to everything I have on my car, which means my car can make more power. So as of now I'm currently waiting to get it retuned but plan on doing it after I get my catback exhaust. Now Im sorry that I can't provide bone stock dyno or a dyno before the tune but bone stock would probably have to be around 140 Hp to the wheels. So with just parts that I have on and a tune that isn't tuned for them, I made around 25-35 Hp.

Now the reason for this post Is because I'm trying to gain some tuning support for our cars and OvTuning developed a handheld tuning device for the tc2 which has the same motor. The handheld tuning device tunes to parts and even to run different types of fuel like 91,93, E85 and more. The only difference is the protocol accessing the ecu over the obd port which means they would be able to do the V6 as well. Now they said they might develop one for our cars if we get more people who are interested. So this post is to see who would be interested in something like this? I'll post info and links below on what they can do.

Now I don't work for Orange Virus Tuning or am i getting paid to do this. I just want more tuning support as I plan on doing more with my car, and this would be of big help to me and anyone else who might be interested in making more power out of their car. Also the link to more information on the handheld tuning device is below. I also want you guys to keep in mind that they're the only one that has cracked the Toyota ecu.

https://www.ovtuned.com/blogs/news/scion-tc-2011-handheld-tuner

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,587 Posts
+2

Im down like 4 flat tires!

Im wondering if the - Transmission Torque output control (auto) Can change shift points in the "D" mode so I dont have to goto "S" mode just keep the RPM's up

·
Registered
33 Posts
+1

I got my Avalon tuned from them. I wasn't able to get before and after dynos since some local places wanted too much for 2 runs. The response from the car is noticeable from the butt dyno. I also forgot to tell them that I have an intake installed so it was tuned as if the car was stock. Gonna contact them again when I get my exhaust parts.

·
Facet-2F5L Cut-5XG
81 Posts
I'm game, but they would have to set it up like DiabloSport's tuners. I don't want to be at the mercy of some guy making the tune if I have to change some basic items.

I'm down...

·
Registered
29 Posts
If this means at home tunability with a stock ECU without having to re-flash and set a base tune, I might be potentially interested as although I am not that happy with my car at the moment, this could potentially address alot of concerns I have and re-kindle interest I once had in my Camry.

I don't want to have to remove and mail out my stock ecu to install a base tune as I want the ability to return the car to stock without any concerns anytime. That originally stopped me from considering OV tuning as it just seemed too risky but if this is the solution without that, this could be great.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+2

Im down like 4 flat tires!

Im wondering if the - Transmission Torque output control (auto) Can change shift points in the "D" mode so I dont have to goto "S" mode just keep the RPM's up
I think I remember reading that they can change the shift points.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1

I got my Avalon tuned from them. I wasn't able to get before and after dynos since some local places wanted too much for 2 runs. The response from the car is noticeable from the butt dyno. I also forgot to tell them that I have an intake installed so it was tuned as if the car was stock. Gonna contact them again when I get my exhaust parts.
Same situation I'm in. Once I get my exhaust and E85 kit, I plan on resending it in. Once I get it retuned to all my parts I plan on doing more dyno pulls. Just currently waiting on that tax money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm game, but they would have to set it up like DiabloSport's tuners. I don't want to be at the mercy of some guy making the tune if I have to change some basic items.

I'm down...
Don't know exactly how DiabloSport's has their set up. But OvTuning did mention that the tuner will come with a program for the pc that will us to manage our updates.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump. Any news for the 2012+ I4 Camry's? I see now this is available for the Scion TC 2011-16.
No not yet. They seem to be getting closer though, as they're gonna be to be working on the handheld tablet for the 2010-2011 camry 2AZ, 2AR and are considering the 2gr ecu.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How the hell did I miss this thread? Big ups for the dyno graph. Wish there was a before dyno stock but hey, we gotta start somewhere. Looking forward to your 'future upgrades'. Oh man! Rubbing hands together for the new possible results.
Thanks man. Wish I dynoed it before also. But I'm going to be comparing ov tune and R9k tune once I get it that is. So once I do, I will be taking it back to the dyno to see the results.

·
Slow 2010 RAV4 Sport
278 Posts
Thanks man. Wish I dynoed it before also. But I'm going to be comparing ov tune and R9k tune once I get it that is. So once I do, I will be taking it back to the dyno to see the results.
Oh yeah! There are a few of us that would love to see this. >:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah! There are a few of us that would love to see this.
Haha believe me I would too. Already got a hold of R9k, going to send the ecu over once I have a spare ecu and have the funds which should be within 2weeks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
Velaqk
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing