Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a turbo project on my 2.4 2007 camry. This motor has potential!! 356whp 340tq @ 12psi. Lowered it to 11psi for 338whp and 330tq. Stock clutch holds no problem.

Traction is the only issues with a fwd of course. Planning on a LSD with stickier tires. Went from 138whp stock to 350whp dynojet. Toyota FTW.

If anybody is interested in this just chime in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a Scion TC turbo kit from PTunning which I think k is the best in the business.
I'm still trying to attach pics, can't figure it out.

·
Top TN contributor
3,480 Posts
It's a Scion TC turbo kit from PTunning which I think k is the best in the business.
I'm still trying to attach pics, can't figure it out.
1. Upload you pix to a web photo hosting site...you should limit the size to 1200 pixels wide for most forums...
2. Copy the URL for the pic...sometimes identified as "forum" or "direct"
3. paste here between these [brackets] like this

Hope this helps...

·
Top TN contributor
3,480 Posts
It does...nice engine and nice pix....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments. I have actually been driving the car since December on a base tune @ 10psi but it was too rich. I just recently installed the fuel return line/rail and a exhaust cutout and got the tune.

I think the engine is solid. Clutch hasn't slipped once. If and when the engine goes I will put in low comp pistons and crank up the boost. The scion TC guys really pioneered the engine, I just made it work on the camry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What exhaust setup did you go with?

also how did everything fit up? what mods did you have to do if any to get the scion kit to fit up.

im gettin ready to tackle this project for my camry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm running 3" custom exhaust all the way to the stock muffler with an exhaust cutout after downpipe. I had to modify the Intercooler piping by adding couplers and small pieces of 2.5" pipe. wiring the aem fic was not easy but I got done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought the aem fic was plug n play??.. with the bloomslang harness..

another question.. did you use your Camry oil pan.. or the scion tc oil pan?. Looks like even-though the mounting bolts are same.. the oil pan design is slightly different.

for the scion it looks like the down pipe runs right next to the recess in the scion oil pan.

Just want to know if I need to use the scion oil pan to have clearance for the down pipe or is the stock Camry oil pan ok to use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used the oil pan from an 07 tc. It fits. I had to custom make a downpipe and it barely fit. This was due to the ptuning manifold which is much better flowing but it sits much lower in the engine bay. I changed the ac compressor to a tc compressor.
If you use the treadstone manifold everything will be much easier, however you may need to custom make a downpipe.
Aemfic will need to be wired in. Our computers are different and ours is located in the engine bay. I sealed up the fic with silicone so it wouldn't get messed up from the moisture.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I needed to use a oil scavenge pump for my turbo oil line because the ptuning manifold with the downpipe leaves no space. What I suggest is tapping the oil pan yourself so you can have a location that will drain the oil the best, then route the downpipe around it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I currently have the dezod s1 scion kit, it sits the turbo higher.... (even though I don't like the log style manifold, looking for descendent manifold.) I'm hoping the down pipe will fit if I use the scion tc oil pan. Everything after the down pipe will be custom made so I'm not worried about anything after that.

hmm.. i'll have to look into an enclosure for the fic then. I didn't realize the ecu was in the engine compartment. I've been slowly collecting parts for the project.

thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh by the way,, where did you mount your gauges.. i know you gotta have boost and maybe afr or egt somewhere inside.. i've haven't found a good mounting solution for those yet..
they dont make pillar pods for the camry.. dash pods kinda look outta place.. but I may go that route...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That kit is a beauty. I haven't seen it so I can't be sure how everything will fit. I mounted a boost gauge on the steering column. A Turbosmart gauge matches the toyota gauges.
Just take off the screws on the aemfic take it apart and reinstall using clear windshield silicone. Mine has worked for about 9 months with no issues. It's mounted next to the ecm

1 - 20 of 30 Posts