Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
so you have to do the harness to use the turbo parts? like mainifold. turbo, intercooler and that stuff?i think u just need the manifold, turbo and all the goodies and some bigger injectors, FMU, and a boost gauge,

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
You'll have to get a map sensor that recognises boost I'm pretty sure. I'll be boosting a 5efe soon myself as I also have a Paseo now. The manifold must be custom though as the 4efte manifold is too restrictive for the larger engine and WILL burn piston #3.
For the record, the manifold on ebay is barely more expensive than the timing belt for the 4efte.
Something to consider....

·
fleet white
tercel
159 Posts
jhonny. you are going to have to do wiring ether way, if you use your 5efe you will have to ether buy a turbo mani or make one, put in an fac unit or a stand alone fmu and get it tuned you can get bigger injectors off of a 7m motor (im going to u pull it today to get them) I will look for an extra set for you. you are gonna have to buy a turbo and I wouldnt get an ebay turbo If I where you. custom exhaust, oh and dont forget you have to rebuild your motor for sure....

now if you get a 4efte then you save a lot of time and you dont have to tune you just go... but in the long run you save money I guess just get the 4efte and have sombody on here make the harnes for you... (pay them)

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
2 Posts
They actually make a turbo kit for a Paseo's 5EFE and its meant to be used with the stock internals and everything and best of all it comes with the diagrams and everything. I put mine on myself. It took a couple of days but it wasn't a big problem. The hardest part is rigging the stock 5EFE oil pan for the turbo recirc. But even with that problem there was an easy solution. The only thing is the turbo kits does not come with the downpipe but those are easy. I just used my stock downpipe with little modification.
Please feel free to send me an email about Paseo questions you may have. I specialize in Paseo's and Supra but only MKIV's.

Here is the link to the 5EFE turbo kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
fleet white
tercel
159 Posts
I'm not sure about that turbo kit.
1. knock off turbo
2. I don't think there is enuff room for the turbo on that Mani I believe it would hit the radiator.
3. I think it is a fake kit, this type of thing happened to my friend he bought a turbo kit for his civic and sent in a money order, they never sent it so he contacted them then they canceled the eaby account . there for I don't know for sure about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts