·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, considering picking up a different turbo and the specs are as follow:

.50 A/R COMPRESSOR
.63 A/R TURBINE
.57 TRIM

Its a t3/t40E hybrid. I'm wondering what your opinoins are on the .63 AR for the turbine on a 4cyl (5sfe).
From previous experiences i think the spool up should be fine, but i'd like for you other guys that have also dealt with t3/t4s before to chime in as well. Thanks

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
It should spool up pretty quick.

The turbine section is T3 and the compressor section is T04E.

I had a T3. .42 A/R compressor housing, 40 trim compressor wheel, and .48 A/R turbine housing. It spooled quick on my 3S-FE. Whats turbo lag? ;)

Turbonetics site (www.turboneticsinc.com) should have a compressor map for that turbo.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i have a 50 trim.... .63 a/r...stage three wheel.....full boost at around 3500 rpm....lag is minimal...very streetable....if i had planned on building my motor in the first place i prolly would have went with something bigger and ball bearing....but i'm happy with what ended up going with.....

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MRQturbo said:
i have a 50 trim.... .63 a/r...stage three wheel.....full boost at around 3500 rpm....lag is minimal...very streetable....if i had planned on building my motor in the first place i prolly would have went with something bigger and ball bearing....but i'm happy with what ended up going with.....
what work do you have on ur motor?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
will have arias pistons....eagle rods.....arp studs...cometic head gasket....some head work (maybe cams)....balanced crank...top feed 880 cc injectors and fuel rail...aeromotive FPR....hks f-con pro....when the motor is pieced all together again.....i think the greatest limiting factor will be my head in determining if i want to make more than 400rwhp (will need cams and a new intake manifold if i do) but realistically i'll be happy to make in the 350rwhp range for daily drivability...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the 3500rpm spool up was on a stock 3sgte block?

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^yes.....motor was bone stock.....keep in mind i also had a vpc....and a full 3" downpipe and exhaust system to breathe....

·
Registered
664 Posts
MRQturbo said:
Just a quick question...What is the trim of a stock turbo on a 93 MR2? I am about to take delivery on one and I was told the turbo was replaced with one that has a 50 trim. He also said it's now overboosting becuase of that and hitting fuel cut (that's a good thing). I'll take a look at it when I get the car and really find out what's going on.

Anyway, how does this compare to the stock turbo?

Thanks,
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts