Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
^
4,197 Posts
Thanks Phi.

Looks like there would be enough room at the front for a small turbo (though you may have to use a slimmer fan), dunno about the back. If its like pretty much any other longitudanal FF motor then the firewall is gonna be awfully close. Packaging for the I/C piping is tight unless you were to relocate the battery and lose the A/C. A custom FMIC that has 2 inlets on the passenger side and the exit on the drivers side running up to the TB would be the best solution I can come up with. Or, top mount with 2 inlets but that would necessitate cutting a bigass hole in the hood.

Thats the best that I can come up with. It would be so much easier if the cam was rwd.

·
^
4,197 Posts
Tony the Tiger said:
I can tell you that using all six cylinders to power a single turbo is possible :D It's looking great in my engine bay :thumbup:

Dammit lets see some pics? Where do you have the turbo hanging? How the hell did you route the piping? What did you sacrifice?

btw, Gran Nationals and Chevy V8's have been running single turbos for a while, its the packaging that would pose the problem. But I'm sure you know that, haha.

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AC shouldn't be a prob, stock hydraulic fan could be used, and nothing should be sacrificed. There seems to be plenty of room to route the IC piping, but I bet things would get tricky to be plumbing both cylinders to power the turbo.

Of course, I would dream of a setup like that... and today is my lucky day 8)

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, ran out of bandwidth... well, here are some teaser pics :D

I haven't add up the total of the complete project, but they are mainly parts and piping. I installed and designed the whole install myself, and I had a professional welder to piece together my "spot-welded" piping :D The intercooler core was custom made and so were the endtanks, but the piping for the intercooler was done myself as well. If you plan to get a shop to do all this work for you, you are probably looking at $8000+ CAD because I have spent months on this project.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Tony, I've seen your photoshop work (Viper engine in your GSR). This is your best work ever. Unless I hear the BOV with my own ears, I ain't play the fool :lol:

If it is fo' real
It's been awhile since the monkey came out, but I think this occasion is quite fitting.

So the fact that it's all custom, can I assume there aren't any jigs avail to reproduce?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts