Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
damhn man. forgot but was in a hurry on earlier post. mad props to your project. some what makes me rethink the 3sgte conversion. ahah less hassle for modding for engine mounts and cheaper engine. ahah 1mzfe twin turbo would be nice. running 2 garrets gt25s or gt30s dual ball bearings would be great on this engine. might have slight lag compared to this but be hella worht it. have you looked in to those turbos? its the 1 that justin has on his 3sgte. those are some bad turbos. they spool up quick and have great power potential.
 

·
1990 JDM Camry Vista
Joined
·
125 Posts
henry bui said:
damhn man. forgot but was in a hurry on earlier post. mad props to your project. some what makes me rethink the 3sgte conversion. ahah less hassle for modding for engine mounts and cheaper engine. ahah 1mzfe twin turbo would be nice. running 2 garrets gt25s or gt30s dual ball bearings would be great on this engine. might have slight lag compared to this but be hella worht it. have you looked in to those turbos? its the 1 that justin has on his 3sgte. those are some bad turbos. they spool up quick and have great power potential.
Let's not forget about the more important issue of whether or not the engine can even handle 2 turbos. Everyone has basically forgotten that Tony the Tiger's engine was not bone stock when he started the project. Everyone thinks that it's so easy to do all of a sudden and everyone can just throw it on there. Don't forget that you guys are working with a aluminum block with a compression ratio high enough to the point where it's not recommended that you run boost or else you run into problems like detonation. Also take into account that a CT-26 turbo is a stock trim turbo and running even one gt25 or gt30 might give you headaches without a build block. When you talk about boosting a 1MZ-FE, it's not a matter of whether it can be done or not, cuz we all know that it can, it's really a matter of whether or not the motor can handle high boost at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a very potent motor, but it's no 7m, 2jz, or 1jz. Ultimately, power potential lies within the motor, not the type of turbo you use. Cuz if it's not strong enough, motors will blow. :)
 

·
CTM/ShiftGate CAMRY
Jspec 92 Camry V6
Joined
·
974 Posts
ok uhhh dude you are my hero man. But i want a twin turbo
That freaking rules
Im still workin at a TT setup but it all comes down to money and the engine capabilities but im confident that the 3vz bored out with beefed up internals can take it just fine and thats what im lookin for!
 

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I've looked into the the twin turbo option, but it gets very tight behind the back manifold (the one against the firewall). You can maybe squeeze a tiny T25 in there at most, but you will definitely need a manifold made to maximize the space in there as much as possible. I don't see the benefits of running a twin turbo either -- twice more headaches, twice more work, but not twice the performance. It might spool up a lot quicker, but I am pretty happy where my turbo starts spooling now... I will worry about the lag issue after I get everything built and upgrade to a more powerful turbo or something.

By the way, is there a Gen4 turbocharged 1MZ-FE already? I got to see that! Any links, or even some info on that? I would really like to be known for the first turbocharged 1MZ-FE, but I don't want to start claiming that until I find out for sure if I am the first one or not :D
 

·
CTM/ShiftGate CAMRY
Jspec 92 Camry V6
Joined
·
974 Posts
Yeah i understnad the difficultys of the TT setup but man would that be sweet. Did u make ur manifold...or did u have someone else make it? I seriously want movies, pics, audio clips, and dyno runs, and track times, asap!!!!! PLEASE!!!!
 

·
Will Work For Boost
FX16 GTS
Joined
·
196 Posts
http://www.camryclub.org/forums/showthread.php?s=d14b8b57e9434da12e9307b02248e9b0&threadid=1161&highlight=1mzfe+turbo

Check the above thread. The picture doesn't work anymore, but Sugi might still have it.
 

·
1990 JDM Camry Vista
Joined
·
125 Posts
Tony the Tiger said:
By the way, is there a Gen4 turbocharged 1MZ-FE already? I got to see that! Any links, or even some info on that? I would really like to be known for the first turbocharged 1MZ-FE, but I don't want to start claiming that until I find out for sure if I am the first one or not :D
Actually, it's not a gen 4 turbocharged 1mz-fe, it's actually a twin-turbo 1mz-fe ES300. It has a VIP bodykit on it too with an HKS intercooler sitting up front. He's lurking around in Los Angeles somewhere. I've seen the car before in person and Sugi has actually talked to the guy. It's the twin-turbo 1mz-fe turbo kit that is produced by HKS. Car looks really good but I heard he was running very low boost because of the motor itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
StickyDilJoe said:
Let's not forget about the more important issue of whether or not the engine can even handle 2 turbos. Everyone has basically forgotten that Tony the Tiger's engine was not bone stock when he started the project. Everyone thinks that it's so easy to do all of a sudden and everyone can just throw it on there. Don't forget that you guys are working with a aluminum block with a compression ratio high enough to the point where it's not recommended that you run boost or else you run into problems like detonation. Also take into account that a CT-26 turbo is a stock trim turbo and running even one gt25 or gt30 might give you headaches without a build block. When you talk about boosting a 1MZ-FE, it's not a matter of whether it can be done or not, cuz we all know that it can, it's really a matter of whether or not the motor can handle high boost at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a very potent motor, but it's no 7m, 2jz, or 1jz. Ultimately, power potential lies within the motor, not the type of turbo you use. Cuz if it's not strong enough, motors will blow. :)
yes i know. i never implied it would be easy to twin turbo or even turbo. what i meant is it would be easier to swap a 1mzfe into and 5sfe camry instead of 3sgte. but i would believe a gt25 would be able to run twin setup. those turbos are small. they arent huge. they probably arent much bigger than the supra turbos if any. they may even spool faster. the gt25 spool faster than a stock ct26 from a mr2? so why would these not work on a 1mzfe running twin turbo? slight lag but i mean it would be worth it. its not a supercharger. cant have instant boost all the time. but all i was saying is it would be nice to get that made to run those turbos. also who knows what potential this engine has. many engines with aluminun blocks get great power. why cant the 1mzfe? the sky is the limit when you have the know how and the money. and hopefully by the time i get to getting the engine i would have the know so it would not be difficult for me. i know somewhat enough to go by but not quite enough to do it myself. thats why i am going to school for it next year. but all im saying is what would be nice or i am gonig to go to the junk yard right now and do it. was just saying it would be an easier swap than a 3sgte and who knows what thihs engine can handle. i mean they are now running 14:1 compression on boosted drag cars.
 

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
FutureMR2Owner said:
i know this is crazy, but then again so is a turbo Gen3 V6... :D


what about twin charging..?

turbo and supercharging it... :eek:
Hehehe, so far, my wallet is empty... but you never know :wink:
 

·
9thGen Corolla
2012 Camry SE V6
Joined
·
326 Posts
twincharging is only for using large turbos on a small engine. wouldn't be worth the money or the time on a 1mz with only a single ct26, he already spools at 1.5k which is kinda low as it is i recommend a slightly larger turbo or two same size turbos. but kewl deal engine bay looks nice:) mad props
 

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
Joined
·
918 Posts
Tony: Cool, I'll look for the information. There's nothing wrong with turbocharging a Camry. I'm still blueprinting my own.

Jwa276: Sorry if I seemed negative. Wouldn't want to imply any negativity. I misread the post; error on my past. Please flog me swiftly and let's get it over with. :lol:
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Re: 1MZ-FE + CT-26 @ 7psi = 345HP???

Tony the Tiger said:
Hey Toyrolla, the 345HP estimate was taken off a MKIII Supra Turbo website I found on Yahoo search. The HP numbers are crank HP figures and the power was rated at 12 psi, and not 7 psi. I am sure you will believe that a MKII Supra will hit about 345 hp at 12 psi of boost with basic performance upgrades... I am sure I won't be far off at the same boost plus the fact that the 1MZ-FE has 2 pt higher compression than the 7M-GTE, which makes it hella a lot more fun :D For WHP figures...I am assuming 260-280 WHP and almost 300 torque :thumbup:

I can't wait to test the car out...but knowing that this car is my true daily driver, it's hard to be beating on it on a track day. I will literally have to take the TTC to work and school of this car is down. Don't ask me why I have gone nuts and turbocharged the Camry... haha, I already have my 12 sec NA Integra as a weekend racer ... I guess I have two race cars now...lol

I will be updating my turbo webpage from time to time. You guys can check out the page periodically for any new pics or upgrades in the near future :D Shoot me an email of you have any specific questions, or PM me.
Hey Tony you know ... You always got my respects man... Your one of the few that I actually respect and turst my money with... ( ie I love the projectors still... too bad their off the Wraith).
If you need anything from me bro ... Let me know ... You have my full support ...
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
henry bui said:
yes i know. i never implied it would be easy to twin turbo or even turbo. what i meant is it would be easier to swap a 1mzfe into and 5sfe camry instead of 3sgte. but i would believe a gt25 would be able to run twin setup. those turbos are small. they arent huge. they probably arent much bigger than the supra turbos if any. they may even spool faster. the gt25 spool faster than a stock ct26 from a mr2? so why would these not work on a 1mzfe running twin turbo? slight lag but i mean it would be worth it. its not a supercharger. cant have instant boost all the time. but all i was saying is it would be nice to get that made to run those turbos. also who knows what potential this engine has. many engines with aluminun blocks get great power. why cant the 1mzfe? the sky is the limit when you have the know how and the money. and hopefully by the time i get to getting the engine i would have the know so it would not be difficult for me. i know somewhat enough to go by but not quite enough to do it myself. thats why i am going to school for it next year. but all im saying is what would be nice or i am gonig to go to the junk yard right now and do it. was just saying it would be an easier swap than a 3sgte and who knows what thihs engine can handle. i mean they are now running 14:1 compression on boosted drag cars.

Henry!!! I would like to correct you on something ... GT25 are small or about the same size as the CT26 ?!?!? would you like to see a comparison???

Heres one of my Happy customer with his twin GT25 turbos:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p47dad4a6886d8440bdad1b61a63437c8/fd901c95.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/pdc07c8a01d87c4a1c13998a65956403f/fd901c2c.jpg.orig.jpg

Heres a line of GT25R vs CT26 vs T25 vs another GT25:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p3b88652162e89f0464a23c982748de13/fd901af9.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/pc230a4986f13fabe697c6e0f2812e226/fd901b59.jpg.orig.jpg

as you can see in the pictures ... The CT26 dwarfts the GT25 ... by the way GT25 and the GT25R are the same turbo except for the blades and a/r housings of the turbine ....

HERE's the whole set of pics of my GT series selections...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292050215&idx=21

last one : hehehehe "MOney Shot "

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/p5f9fdd6931e6e4486a41740a8702e078/fd901bd9.jpg.orig.jpg
 
41 - 60 of 94 Posts
Top