Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
-
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have some headers and i have an old ct-26 turbo and i got to thinkin............. turbo-T!!! so i was wondering since the supra was a 3.0 could i use the ecu from that so that i can use its injectors, thus not having to buy some expensive after market fuel map stuff and new injectors. if anyone has any info this would be a great project.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,676 Posts
hey guys i have some headers and i have an old ct-26 turbo and i got to thinkin............. turbo-T!!! so i was wondering since the supra was a 3.0 could i use the ecu from that so that i can use its injectors, thus not having to buy some expensive after market fuel map stuff and new injectors. if anyone has any info this would be a great project.
Not sure if the Supra injector system and ECU would work or not. I'm thinking the fuel maps/timing would be much different between the 2 engines. You could give it try and report back to us... ;)

Have you completed any research (from the internet) on this project? I'm sure it has to have to thought of before... ;)

Keep in mind that one of the "weaknesses" of the 3VZE was apparently the head gasket. Not sure if running a turbo on there would increase the number of HG failures you may experience or not... ;)

Most 3.0 owners ended up swapping in the 3.4L engine...but even that takes some effort, money, and time. Having a donor vehicle would be a great start... ;)

·
Registered
-
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have done some reasearch but the only thing i can find is most people dont have any problems as long as they are under 8 lbs of boost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts