Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people have asked me if I would sell a turbo manifold for the MR2 V6 swaps

So, I have decided to buy a new welder and start producing them. Here are some pics of the prototype manifold. The production manifolds will be tig welded instead of flux core mig, so the welds will be MUCH cleaner. I just want to give everybody an idea of the design and turbo layout. You can have any input flange you want mounted on the mani. This perticular one is a CT-26 single entry flange for the larger Supra CT-26 housing. Oh and just so you guys dont have to ask, I have removed my twin turbo system and will not be offering twin turbo manifolds due to the complexity and added cost of that system. I feel that the single turbo manifold shuld flow well in excess of 500bhp while still maintaining decent spool, so there is no need for the twin setup. The single setup should also see a slight off boost benifit in power due to better exhaust gas scavanging. I will post dynos soon with the To4-e compressor.

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
MRQturbo said:
good luck with this..hope you can find a market for it b/c it seems like the v6 swap isn't widely done....can't wait to see your car up and running and how much power you'll make...
The kit was just a moch up of the parts that are intended for my 4runner and T100/tacoma turbo kit. So, there will be a big market for the components. I just want folks to know that I am producing these for the MR2 community aswell. Even if I only sell 2 MR2 manifolds a year, it would make me happy to know im helping out the MR2 community.

As for the power, Im hopeing for 450 crank with the 60 trim turbo on an unopend bottom end. That firgure includes cams EMS injectors, dual feed fuel rail and perhaps an intercooler upgrade. I was making roughly 300+ ft/lbs with the twin turbo setup that was on there at only 7 psi. This reworked setup should be much more efficent and the manifolds are much better flowing than the old ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gairloch said:
I've got a buddy that's contemplating doing a V6 swap. I'll make sure he sees this.
Yep - I saw it!

Unfortunately my v6 swap will strictly "low budget". No turbo and an OE computer for engine management. The goal of my MR-2 is weekend track-day & autocross toy for my wife and uber reliable commuter for me.

As along as we're talking V6 swaps, is there a comprehensive list of "direct bolt-in v6 engines"? So far it looks like some of the 3VZ-FE line and the 1MZ-FE line have the balanced torque and HP figures I'm looking for.

I'm hoping to drop in something the same weight (or lighter) and bolt it up to the OE '91 NA tranny and just use the V6 engine harness and computer. While that's not an ideal performance set-up it should meet my needs.

I have done some research both here and on mr2oc, but haven't seen a detailed "this is what I did" for the build I'm contemplating - although I think all of the pieces have been covered.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QuadCamSix said:
The kit was just a moch up of the parts that are intended for my 4runner and T100/tacoma turbo kit. So, there will be a big market for the components. I just want folks to know that I am producing these for the MR2 community aswell. Even if I only sell 2 MR2 manifolds a year, it would make me happy to know im helping out the MR2 community.

As for the power, Im hopeing for 450 crank with the 60 trim turbo on an unopend bottom end. That firgure includes cams EMS injectors, dual feed fuel rail and perhaps an intercooler upgrade. I was making roughly 300+ ft/lbs with the twin turbo setup that was on there at only 7 psi. This reworked setup should be much more efficent and the manifolds are much better flowing than the old ones.
Now that would be sick power for an MR-2. What kind of engine management would you need to make everything work? Oh would you mind sending me a PM that talks about your brakes? I know it's OT, but I'm just about to start buying new brake parts for my 2; I was planning on going the 93+ turbo route, but supra brakes sound interesting - depending on cost, of course.

Hmm - I wonder how my wife would about me building another street rocket...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.