Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any turbo kits for 2000-2002 Solaras? Also, is there a huge maintenance problem with the turbo in a solara?

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
There are two companies that are working on them as we speak, my company Sportivo Concepts is working on a Twin-turbo set-up while Shiftgate Performance is doing a regular Turbo package

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sportivo Concepts said:
There are two companies that are working on them as we speak, my company Sportivo Concepts is working on a Twin-turbo set-up while Shiftgate Performance is doing a regular Turbo package
Very nice, now like I said before, will there be any maintenance problems putting a turbo into a solara? because ive heard that there will be problems when you put a turbo into a car thats not made for it!

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
As long as your not boosted ridulously high, you will be fine..... its like with Nitrous.... as long as your not over working the engine or have a crazy set-up that will too much for the engine your regular maintance should be fine.

Same goes with a supercharger, which TRD did make for the Solara.

Bottom line as long as you don't push it beyond its limits your engine will be fine, just do everything normally, the only thing I would say is depending on what octane gas you may want to go up or down...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sportivo Concepts said:
As long as your not boosted ridulously high, you will be fine..... its like with Nitrous.... as long as your not over working the engine or have a crazy set-up that will too much for the engine your regular maintance should be fine.

Same goes with a supercharger, which TRD did make for the Solara.

Bottom line as long as you don't push it beyond its limits your engine will be fine, just do everything normally, the only thing I would say is depending on what octane gas you may want to go up or down...
Ok, and how much power will this twin-turbo kit give the Solara?

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Here is the current set-ups that we are developing.....

The intial TT was used on our Touring/Rally 3G Cam and had no problems till I crashed it.

Updates can always been found on our site either in the forums, product news, or our store (version 2 coming soon)

1MZ (Compatable VVt-i engines)
Stage 1
50% gain @ 5psi
Comes with all the plumbing and a tunable black box

Stage 2
125% @ 10psi (Unofficial Results)
Same as Stage 1 plus intercooler

Stage 3
no data, will be running at 15psi
same as Stage 2, plus forged interenals, O2 sensors, plus more

Link
http://sportivoconcepts.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
Anything for me?? (I am looking for a package to fit the 5S-fe)

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
what happened no one mentioned rip mods 5sfe engine performance thingies....I don't know owners feedback..but at least give the guy options!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sportivo Concepts said:
Here is the current set-ups that we are developing.....

The intial TT was used on our Touring/Rally 3G Cam and had no problems till I crashed it.

Updates can always been found on our site either in the forums, product news, or our store (version 2 coming soon)

1MZ (Compatable VVt-i engines)
Stage 1
50% gain @ 5psi
Comes with all the plumbing and a tunable black box

Stage 2
125% @ 10psi (Unofficial Results)
Same as Stage 1 plus intercooler

Stage 3
no data, will be running at 15psi
same as Stage 2, plus forged interenals, O2 sensors, plus more

Link
http://sportivoconcepts.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27
Ok, thanks. BTW how much will it be for a stage 2 upgrade?

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Hajoca said:
Anything for me?? (I am looking for a package to fit the 5S-fe)
Try Ripp Mods, they have a Supercharger package for the 4cyl Camry it is roughly $3500. Their site is Rippmods.com
jhbhatia said:
what happened no one mentioned rip mods 5sfe engine performance thingies....I don't know owners feedback..but at least give the guy options!
The orginal guy asked about Turbos and so far Me and Shiftgate are the only ones with turbos for the 1MZ. Ripp makes a S?C for the 5S which I did refer the second guy too here. For the ppl that don't know about Ripp Mods S/C its is a very sweet and reliable set-up and last time I check Ross was working on a stage 2.

their site is Rippmods.com or you can call them at 718-442-4723 Ask for Ross
Dawgz said:
how much is it for stage one? i have a 2000 Se v6 Solara..
Looking around $4500, but the price is not firm yet due to we are thinking about adding a few things to the Stage 1
GotSolara? said:
Ok, thanks. BTW how much will it be for a stage 2 upgrade?
We don't have a pricing for that yet.... as we may include the intercooler as part of the stage 1 Package Make the Stage 3 Package a Stage 2 and drop the Stage 3 all together.
Also we will either make headers or outsource and get headers from another company and include it in one of the various Production Stages.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
My bad..i assumed the dude had 5sfe (hence my previous suggestion of ripmodds)....didn't know he had a 1mz..!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sportivo Concepts said:
Try Ripp Mods, they have a Supercharger package for the 4cyl Camry it is roughly $35k. Their site is Rippmods.com

The orginal guy asked about Turbos and so far Me and Shiftgate are the only ones with turbos for the 1MZ. Ripp makes a S?C for the 5S which I did refer the second guy too here. For the ppl that don't know about Ripp Mods S/C its is a very sweet and reliable set-up and last time I check Ross was working on a stage 2.

their site is Rippmods.com or you can call them at 718-442-4723 Ask for Ross

Looking around $4500, but the price is not firm yet due to we are thinking about adding a few things to the Stage 1

We don't have a pricing for that yet.... as we may include the intercooler as part of the stage 1 Package Make the Stage 3 Package a Stage 2 and drop the Stage 3 all together.
Also we will either make headers or outsource and get headers from another company and include it in one of the various Production Stages.
Ok sounds good. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
163 Posts
you said the turbo is for the 1mz engines with VVT-i. so does that mean it might work on its bored out brother the 3MZ? or do u know of anyone with plans for a turbo or supercharger for the 3mz? cause i've heard yes and no on TRD making a supercharger for it.

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Dawgz said:
lol typo? 35k for a 4cyl supercharger!? hahahahaa
Yeah sorry, I'm so use to dealing with higher amounts of money that I automaticallly threw in the K

It should be $3500 for the Ripp Mods SDS S/C

04sev6camry said:
you said the turbo is for the 1mz engines with VVT-i. so does that mean it might work on its bored out brother the 3MZ? or do u know of anyone with plans for a turbo or supercharger for the 3mz? cause i've heard yes and no on TRD making a supercharger for it.
The turbo can be used with the 1MZ with and without VVT-i, as for the 3MZ, i'm sure one can retro-fit it to it, but as for it being a direct bolt-on, nope wont work.

As for TRD doing a S/C call them, tell them you are very interested in supercharging your ride, and that you have rumors about a S/C and was wondering if it is true

1 - 18 of 18 Posts