Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure that the turbo manifold made for the 98 to 02 Corolla will fit a 03 04? I assume so being the same motor code and head. I did some research at work and according to the Toyota parts database the exhaust manifold gasket hasn't changed since January of 2002. Anyone know? Thanx

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Sorry I don't know for sure but I aggree with you that it should work. You might have to use the bolts from the 03 to bolt on the 02 mani...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would be very interested to know about that myself. If anyone has any info on that, it would be great. Cause honestly I want to put a turbo in my car not a supercharger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hmm interesting. I would like to know too actually :D . Although if I can't run more psi than I can with a supercharger which is like 8-9 psi, then I won't bother. But if I can run 12 or so then I'm all for being the guina pig for it :) .

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think it might push 11, but an ecu upgrade would be needed. Max of ten, I predict without ecu upgrade. Not to mention the whole exhaust system needs to be changed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
so the engine itself could take up to 11 with a full ecu and exhaust upgrade. hmm... dunno if it's worth it or not :( . I was hoping around 14 or so like one of those Srt-4's. what about resleeving the engine? And toyota doesn't do Ecu reflashes, already had that question answered before :D, so a Afc would probably be good or a Greddy E Manage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need Greddy e-Manage because the Apexi' S-AFC can't mess with the timing , only the air fuel ratio. With a custom turbo you'll either need to advance or retard the timing in order to make it work , otherwise your engine will take a nice smelly dump on you.:D I've already found manifolds for 03-04s but the cost of all thats nesscary to make a custom system you might as well just buy a kit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
mm so then it's back to the question of messing with a nice fuel economic engine or getting a sporty one...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to work with what I've got. Personally I think even though the 1ZZ doesn't put down as much power as the 2ZZ, the parts are cheaper and easier to find for the 1ZZ. The 2ZZ can't be boosted as high due to higher compression but then again it wouldn't need to be to make more power than the 1ZZ. Motor swaps are costly and difficult. Not to mention finding a 2ZZ with low mileage that hasn't been beat to death for a reasonalbe price is also difficult. I know that a 1ZZ engine and all is $10,000 from the dealership (brand new). Also questions about the wiring harness comes into play. The 2ZZ is far more technical of a motor.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The best thing is getting a costum turbo made by a proffesional shop, so there wouldn't be any problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts