Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Camry LE with the 2.2L I4 does anyone know if their are any turbo kits or superchargers for this car? I did like 40 searchs with no luck please help. Even if there is a good NOS kit or something I would be intrested in that too.

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Two words to tell you in making your decision RIPP MODS:D
Shook can agree with me on this one, the ripp sds is fun to drive, reliable and a great attention getter! Not to mention seeing the expression on peoples faces after a 5sfe gives them a run for their money PRICELESS:lol: :lol: :lol:
You can see the kit on my car by clicking on 'www' below
Thanks
-Blake (ripp solara)

·
MKIV hardtopper
41 Posts
I agree going with the supercharger...you'll get more outta of it vs. the turbo on a camry. Although u wont have the sound of the BOV. You should also look into TRD's Supercharger. Plus its backed up by a warranty.

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
kevganzon said:
Although u wont have the sound of the BOV.
:confused:

The kit for his car has a centrifigual blower. And the kit comes with a BOV.

You should also look into TRD's Supercharger. Plus its backed up by a warranty.
TRD supercharger is made for a V6 (1MZ-FE). He has a I4 (5S-FE).

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
2,318 Posts
I would suggest Rippmods. The person who can ask this type of question obviously has very little background in forced induction.

Nothing gets better than a full bolt-on S/C kit with tuning in the same package.

Again, the
Is pretty visible on the screen... Use it.

By searching "SC" under Camry forums, I came with this very recent thread on the same topic:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=48050&highlight=SC

:thumbup:

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
there will be another turbo kit coming out soon that will be more complete with intercooler and more powerful than the burien kit. i dont know if the forum rules want me to say where though... you can PM me for info. 2500CDN

·
Registered
785 Posts
holy crap that would be so sweet in my car and my brothers car..... we'd be the only camry owners with over 220hp under the hood. that live in our area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts