Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how exactly to turbocharge a vehicle. I own a semi-quick 3sfe motor with 2-3 mods. I want some serious power though. My goal is to get my Hp to at least 150 and torque around the same area. I need to know procedures because i want to build a turbo kit myself. Can anyone give a list of the products i would need for this.

·
Registered
470 Posts
All i can tell you is find someone who did it or search. matter of fact, i believe there was a gen2 3sfe camry that was turboed. People are gonna be hesitant to respond because all the info you need is all ready on the forum, all you have to do is search...

·
Registered
73 Posts
been there and done that on a 90 3sfe it went good for about 12 weeks. i didnt blow it but i just wanted more as for # it was puting out, gen 1 gtech says it was 189 at the wheels @ 7 psi of un intercooled boost

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,767 Posts
Its impossible. :p:

-Charlie

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
^hey man, you wouldnt want to do a write up on what youve got there for us would ya?

Ive had to ditch my plans for a 3sge, so im going for a low milage JDM 3sfe, and to me that sounds like a good canidate for a turbo. nothing extreme, but enough to get some attention.

I really like your setup, looks clean and well done. Any ideas on what type of numbers your getting?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,767 Posts
Stevethecleric said:
^hey man, you wouldnt want to do a write up on what youve got there for us would ya?

Ive had to ditch my plans for a 3sge, so im going for a low milage JDM 3sfe, and to me that sounds like a good canidate for a turbo. nothing extreme, but enough to get some attention.

I really like your setup, looks clean and well done. Any ideas on what type of numbers your getting?
LOL... my setup is nowhere near clean (not in the picture above, at least - its getting better). I have written about my car many times... feel free to search under my name to find a few threads about it.

The project is not finished yet, so its really not worth a write-up at this point.

-Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts