Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
04 Toyota Matrix XRS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooooooo man thats soooo funny well buddy i got my trd cold air intake and after the winter im gettin the hass turbo so ummm yea my car will look,sound,feel, and drive soooo much faster and better then urs but thx for the help:D

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
Actually you'll most likely pop your motor. I forget who, but one of the major car magazines turbo'd an XRS and their motor popped very shortly after, most likely due to a bad tank of gas.

The 2zz is a N/A masterpiece, and was never meant to be boosted.

Why not just run a 50hP shot of nitrous, I saw a Celica GT-S with intake/exaust/50shot run a 13 second 1/4 mile.

If you are going to tear your motor up why not do it for $500 (nitrous) instead of a $3000 turbo kit?

·
Registered
04 Toyota Matrix XRS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i read that too but y would they make a kit then???if it blows up the motor then y do it??? well wut if my engine doesnt blow??? and im not that stupid and get bad gas so maybe just maybe it wont blow up and if it does then fuck that and ill just end up gettin a RSX-S

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
killerbee775 said:
i read that too but y would they make a kit then???if it blows up the motor then y do it??? well wut if my engine doesnt blow??? and im not that stupid and get bad gas so maybe just maybe it wont blow up and if it does then fuck that and ill just end up gettin a RSX-S
They don't make an RSX-S anymore.

And a bad tank of gas is out of your control, it does happen occasionally though.

Aftermarket companies aren't responsible if you blow up your car with their kit, it is your liability.

·
Registered
04 Toyota Matrix XRS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lmfao they do make RSX-S cuz i was just at acura the other day and they had an 06 RSX-S...well i havent got ne type of bad gas for my car so idk this might work

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
killerbee775 said:
lmfao they do make RSX-S cuz i was just at acura the other day and they had an 06 RSX-S...well i havent got ne type of bad gas for my car so idk this might work
Wow I was wrong, they are running it for one more year. I don't know why anyone would buy one when the new civic SI will have an LSD and be $3K cheaper.

And bad gas is the kind of thing that rarely happens, but when it does you are screwed if you have a turbo'd high compression car.

Do what you want, but if you want a turbo car you are better off trading in your XRS for something less complicated. Even mechanical geniuses have trouble with boosting the 2zz.

·
Registered
84 Posts
killerbee775 said:
ooooooo man thats soooo funny well buddy i got my trd cold air intake and after the winter im gettin the hass turbo so ummm yea my car will look,sound,feel, and drive soooo much faster and better then urs but thx for the help:D
Talk is cheap, show me your time slip :rolleyes: .

You're one of those guys that say I want this and that but once there's something available, oh crap it's expensive I'll think about it :lol: .

XS Engineering and someone put in 87 octane that's why.

·
Registered
04 Toyota Matrix XRS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had an 01 si hatchback but traded that in and got the xrs and ur right bad gas is rare so as long as i dont get ne im set and im turboin it after the winter

·
Always on the Warpath--->
'03 Matrix XRS
1,220 Posts
That was the TurboXS kit that they used and somebody used 87 oct instead of the required 91 oct and caused the engine to get fucked. Depending on where u live, since here the highest pump gas is 91oct and other states it's different. Once you get the kit it's at a default setting of 7psi of boost i believe w/ all stock internals. If you plan to boost higher it's required that u get a 2mil. head gasket and start changin the springs retainers and rods and such as needed. Basically it all comes down to tuning it 'causes that's where it really counts. Here's a link on another forum that i'm on that may shed some light on your venture. http://matrixowners.com/forums/Hass-Turbo-t46812.html Feel free to check out all 15 pages or so and good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
357wheelgunner said:
Actually you'll most likely pop your motor. I forget who, but one of the major car magazines turbo'd an XRS and their motor popped very shortly after, most likely due to a bad tank of gas.

The 2zz is a N/A masterpiece, and was never meant to be boosted.

Why not just run a 50hP shot of nitrous, I saw a Celica GT-S with intake/exaust/50shot run a 13 second 1/4 mile.

If you are going to tear your motor up why not do it for $500 (nitrous) instead of a $3000 turbo kit?
FYI the magzine's your talking about was sport compact and the matrix they'd turbo was a xr not a xrs and alot of celica guy have turbo'd the 2zz and had no problems.

·
Always on the Warpath--->
'03 Matrix XRS
1,220 Posts
^i believe it was an Xrs and was the first one. Other ppl like turbomatrix has an '03 xrs turboed and riotrix is getting his done as we speak. There's like 2 other ppl but can't remember their names and i don't think they have the cars anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts