Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An early cold morning, I start up the car with heater on, close the door and walk away for less than 5 minutes while the engine is idling. When I come back to wipe the outside windows, it makes a long loud beep. Then I notice the cluster, it has a message stating "turn off" and a "back arrow" icon.

Does anyone knows why it does that? If I turn the engine off the message goes away. If I don't turn it off it stays their for awhile and goes away. Very bizzare.

I do have Toyota Remote Connect. But I didn't use the app to start the vehicle.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No ice on door handles.

Why would it show turn off message if there is ice on door handle?

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,870 Posts
In the manual it says that if there is water, ice or condensation on the handle, it will buzz and buzz though it doesn't say that a message will pop up on the MID. This is for those who have the smart key system. The manual doesn't say anything about the message, turn off though. The manual says this,

Are there any warning lights that turn on?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the manual it says that if there is water, ice or condensation on the handle, it will buzz and buzz though it doesn't say that a message will pop up on the MID. This is for those who have the smart key system. The manual doesn't say anything about the message, turn off though. The manual says this,

View attachment 287578

Are there any warning lights that turn on?
Oh I am awared of that when I wash my car it makes the beep sound. But it never says turn off.

No other warning lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts