Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Camry and the turn signals and hazard lights worked one minute and then next they didn't. I've checked the fuses but they all seem fine. I've checked the TURN fuse (7.5A) and the hazard lights (10A) and they seem fine. What else can I check to fix this without having to go to the dealer?:sosad:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
welcome to toyota nation!

okay, in my experience, it sounds like it could either be a short in the wiring of the hazard button has a problem. most likely the latter. if the wires that connect to the hazard button are loose or disconnected, then the turn signals and hazards wont work. search around for info on how to get to the back of the button. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
^ Exactly what I was going to say. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I tried replacing the turn signal flasher and that fixed the problem. I did some searches last night on the forum and several examples talked about a relay. So tried that and it worked. I also contacted a Toyota mechanic and he stated what you all stated above too. In this case it was much cheaper and I didn't have to find a Chiltons somewhere to help me pull the dash apart to check the hazard lights switch.
Thanks again!!! It's nice to know people actually read the postings... :)

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I tried replacing the turn signal flasher and that fixed the problem. I did some searches last night on the forum and several examples talked about a relay. So tried that and it worked. I also contacted a Toyota mechanic and he stated what you all stated above too. In this case it was much cheaper and I didn't have to find a Chiltons somewhere to help me pull the dash apart to check the hazard lights switch.
Thanks again!!! It's nice to know people actually read the postings... :)
no problem! :D this site is the basically mecca of toyota knowledge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts