Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i wanted to change the bulb in my turning signal today cause i noticed 1 was dimmer then the other. this is on my gen 3.5 of course. So i go to un-screw my bumper lights the passanger side one came off with ease and change it quickly where as my driver side signal had an issue. the wire didn't have enought slack to get the lense completely out. i tired wiggling putting a little for and nothing. It seems the wire is either caught ot design like that i tired to trace it i didn't get far but it lead up to under the fuse box. Is this normal ?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how did you get it? i mean if i try really had to get the blub out i might be able to but is the wire caught on something or did it just come like that? from what i see it comes like that :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
you just gotta have small fingers and some persistence...my wires are short like that too

if you can, unscrew it and then try to get your hands behind the case...you should feel the little plastic piece just like on the passenger side...finde one of the little spokes that jut out and push it clockwise...after a few tries, you'll be able to get it

now putting it on is a bit more difficult...try to line everything up and make sure it sits in there smugly...and again fine one of the spokes...for me, one spoke always ends up near the top, and just push that one counterclockwise...it'll only move a little bit but that's secure enough...

lol, it's a pain, but you gotta try if you love your car

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was going to try but i wanted to make sure that the line wasn't caught or anything and now i know camry's are like that. Because the whole day yesterday i kept looking at it. wondering where could it be caught all. i tried to remove the fuse box but i didn't get far with that idea. then i applied a little force turns out i was rocking the car a little with my " little force" then i just gave up. but now its good to know that its normal for that to happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts