Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing woofers and tweeters in a 2007 taco regular cab. My problem is the tweeters. The Rockford Fosgate speakers I am installing has a built in crossover. I have searched for hours trying to find out how to wire the tweeters but everything I see is either not regular cab or involves a separate crossover. Does anyone out there know how do I splice in the new tweeters?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am replacing woofers and tweeters in a 2007 taco regular cab. My problem is the tweeters. The Rockford Fosgate speakers I am installing has a built in crossover. I have searched for hours trying to find out how to wire the tweeters but everything I see is either not regular cab or involves a separate crossover. Does anyone out there know how do I splice in the new tweeters?
More than likely there is one speaker wire that goes to both woofer and tweeter from the factory. (How mine is, they just Y it off to both)
cut the factory wire off and chuck the tweeter. Put the new tweeter in. speaker wire from truck to crossover in. The crossover out to tweeter. Done

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rockford Fosgate R1675-S
Prime Series 6-3/4" component speaker system
I have a wiring harness for the woofer but the splicing part is where I get confused. What am I splicing? On the new speakers the tweeter connects to pins on the woofer. Can i just cut the original tweeter at the speaker and splice the red and black wire to the new tweeter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rockford Fosgate R1675-S

Prime Series 6-3/4" component speaker system

I have a wiring harness for the woofer but the splicing part is where I get confused. What am I splicing? On the new speakers the tweeter connects to pins on the woofer. Can i just cut the original tweeter at the speaker and splice the red and black wire to the new tweeter?
I looked up that set. I don't see that it has a crossover with it. Does it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The crossover is built in to the tweeter. I'm starting to think I should have got speakers with a separate crossover. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The crossover is built in to the tweeter. I'm starting to think I should have got speakers with a separate crossover. :)
Ahh ok. Good. Thought I was gonna have to give you bad news.

Ok. Run the stock wire from the truck to the woofer. Then piggyback a wire to the tweeter. (So its wired parallel) done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Rockford woofer has a positive and negative pin for the tweeter to connect. so the tweeter connects to the woofer and the woofer connects to the unit. Is that considered piggybacking? I have seen a lot of posts about the way toyota wired their systems. People have talked about capping off the factory tweeter harness or the woofer will not work. As you can tell I am a novice when it comes to car speaker upgrades.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Rockford woofer has a positive and negative pin for the tweeter to connect. so the tweeter connects to the woofer and the woofer connects to the unit. Is that considered piggybacking? I have seen a lot of posts about the way toyota wired their systems. People have talked about capping off the factory tweeter harness or the woofer will not work. As you can tell I am a novice when it comes to car speaker upgrades.
Yes, that is exactly how you want to wire it.

Yes toyota uses the stock tweeter connector to jumper signal to the woofer. If you look at the tweeter connector you should be able to trace which goes where.
I will be totally honest, i would cut out all the stock wires except the one that goes toward the door. (The main signal wire) just butt connect your new harness to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much for your help. I have been searching for the past 2 days and couldn't find anything that had a built in crossover. I think I know what to do now. Again thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you very much for your help. I have been searching for the past 2 days and couldn't find anything that had a built in crossover. I think I know what to do now. Again thank you.
If you have more questions just ask. Been doing car audio as a hobby for 30 years.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
The RF woofer runs full range. The tweeter has a bass blocker. This is similar to how many Toyota's run their dash/door or upper/lower door combo. The tweeter simply runs parallel to the woofer. So, you can connect it to the woofer, or to the Taco's factory wiring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts