Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Living on a Rock
1,721 Posts
DAMN! now that's CRAZY! :clap: please post some build pics. would love to see the rear setup. is it like MR2 hubs? or celica alltrac rear hubs? how do you do the throttle cable? is it manual? auto? how do you shift?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I would set it up with AW11 rear suspension.... hubs and all.... then fab the brackets..... if you modify the linkage to work the same way as an AW11 you might be able to modify the shifter.... 1 shift moves both.... the dual engine Hyundai that was set up like this was auto..... as long as the transmissions have identical gearing then both engines will rev the same based on tire speed....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my basic knowledge looks like he cuts another corolla front clip. Cut out his present corolla floor then weld it in the try to catch back the chassis legs by some cuttings and welding of sheet metel etc etc

so its like a front suspension on the rear end with the subframe and crossmember then him weld the rack and pinion in one position

look at the rear pic properly it looks like another fire wall with the chassis legs inside the trunk

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
:thumbsup: :clap:

Yessah!!! Dat's my people!!!

We can't leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
It is AWD!
The rear engine is driving the rear wheels.

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
hence the reason i wanna see how he did the throttle cables and shifter cables... 2 4agte 20V BT with manual transmissions...i gotta see this.
Yes!!!
I am really curious about those also.

Only problem though is, in Jamaica, they are very secretive about things like that, not wanting anyone to copy their design, and perhaps make it better, then come back and beat them.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
It is AWD!
The rear engine is driving the rear wheels.
Shit, my bad. I was on the way out and quickly skimmed past the pictures and watched the 2nd and 3rd video. Didn't even see the 2nd 4A-GE 20v BT in the rear :facepalm: :lol:. I'd love to do an AWD conversion on my Corolla one day, with the drivetrain out of a diesel version. Gotta win the lottery first though :lol:

·
Living on a Rock
1,721 Posts
Yes!!!
I am really curious about those also.

Only problem though is, in Jamaica, they are very secretive about things like that, not wanting anyone to copy their design, and perhaps make it better, then come back and beat them.
would think if he wanted to be secretive he'd put the rear hatch back on and not show what's under the hood :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
I tried a quick search at Wheelsjamaica.com, but couldn't find anything about it.
That website is a bit difficult to navigate through. I'll try again later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts